compilation error - [templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage]

tokyof...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2017, 6:01:40 PM7/31/17
to fix8 developer
Hi folks, I've inherited a FIX8 C++ application and trying to compile the source code. I'm getting the following:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\initializer_list(15): error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage (compiling source file C:\Work\fix8_generated\f8_classes.cpp)

So it's coming from one of the Fix8 compiler generated files. I'm guessing it's some compiler config. I just wanted to check if you can tell me it's something really obvious before I spend too long on it.

Thanks!
Dermot