BG function

Roman Starykh

Apr 18, 2023, 4:19:58 AM4/18/23
to fityk-users
Hello everyone,
could you explain how I can use different function (not just linear function or spline) for BG. For instance, I want to use exponential function based on 2 points which I choose.
Thank you

Alexander Selyutin

Apr 18, 2023, 6:01:43 AM4/18/23
to fityk...@googlegroups.com

th, 18 apr. 2023 г. в 15:20, Roman Starykh <rvst...@gmail.com>:
Hello everyone,
could you explain how I can use different function (not just linear function or spline) for BG. For instance, I want to use exponential function based on 2 points which I choose.
Thank you

Hello,
I don't know how to directly change the BG function, but you can use your function as part of peak decomposition. I.e., build your BG function, then build the peak decomposition functions. I often use a 3rd order polynomial function with optimized parameters to describe the background. This allows a better decomposition of the graph. Maybe it can help you.

--
Regards,
Alexander Selyutin