Re: [fityk-users] Fityk and Raman Spectra

Message has been deleted

Marcin Wojdyr

Sep 24, 2020, 11:14:11 AM9/24/20
to fityk...@googlegroups.com
Could you write in more details about what you did before Fit > Run?
Maybe with a link to screenshot?

Marcin

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 20:38, FitykNewuser <bs...@glcplus.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to use fityk to Lorentzian fit Raman spectra rather then using Origin since Origin is very expensive. The two issues I am running into is that fityk will not find the second order peaks on my Raman spectra, and when I select Run Fit, it gives me an error of "Trying to reverse singular matrix. Column 0 is zeroed." I'm not sure how to get around that. Please help! Thank you
>
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/fityk-users
> ---

Matthew Graneri

Jan 8, 2023, 6:58:32 AM1/8/23
to fityk-users
Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I just came across the same problem. I am trying to fit several Voigt curves to my spectra, but I am getting an error saying 'Error: Trying to reverse singular matrix. Column 0 is zeroed.'

Unlike the original poster, I had fitted several guess peaks to the spectrum (not very good ones; the GUI didn't show me what was happening while I was dragging the cursor) and then pressed the 'start fitting' button, and got the error. I then tried Fit > Run, but that didn't work either.

I've attached a screenshot below to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. If there's any other information you need, just ask! I could really use any help that anyone can give me...

Regards,

Matthew
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 11.48.49 am.png

Matthew Graneri

Jan 8, 2023, 9:26:48 AM1/8/23
to fityk-users
I figured out the issue just after I sent this message. Sorry!

Marek Tuhý

Oct 19, 2023, 2:45:55 AM10/19/23
to fityk-users
Hi Matthew, could you please let me know how did you solve this? :) Struggling with the same issue. Thanks
Marek

Matthew Graneri

Oct 20, 2023, 2:28:38 AM10/20/23
to fityk-users
Hi Marek,

From memory, I think the issue was that I had some data points which were not actually data. I think they either appeared as 'nan' 'nan' (for x and y) in the CSV, or they were just extra empty lines. Because they weren't numbers, even though the graph would display, there was a point that didn't make sense to the program and so it couldn't fit the functions (you can tell if you use the line between data points option).

So my advice would be to check that there are no empty data points, or any other strange artefacts in your numbers. Go to Data > Table in the menu bar to find out.

Good luck!

Regards,

Matthew