Area.error for Gaussian

Jannis Kleine-Schönepauck

Feb 19, 2020, 8:04:45 AM2/19/20
to fityk-users
Hey guys,

this is my first time working with fityk thanks to my studies, yet I'm unsure about the different variables.

I've been fitting several Gaussians into my data and our manual says we should use the area for further calculations. The original text is even "print F[0].area" and "print F[0].area.error". Yet, the Gaussian simply doesn't have the variable "area" but the variable "Area" as far as my understanding of this topic goes. Only problem with that is that Area.error doesn't exist, so I'm unable to get any error for this variable.
Also, using height and hwhm for the calculation of area doesn't work since this is only applicable for area, not Area, correct? Is there any possibility to get the error for my Area of given Gaussian?

Thanks in advance

Marcin Wojdyr

Feb 19, 2020, 5:08:26 PM2/19/20
to fityk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jannis,

these commands would work with GaussianA, which is the same function
but parametrized using area instead of height.
You'll find GaussianA in the drop-down list of functions.

Marcin