[fityk-devel] Thread Safeness of libfityk

David Hovis

Apr 7, 2009, 9:57:28 AM4/7/09
to fityk...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello Marcin,

I was wondering if you could comment on the work needed to make
libfityk thread safe. I finally managed to figure out how to wrap
0.8.6 for Java with swig so that I can use it to process data from
within ImageJ. I tried creating two fityk objects from within Java
and it threw an exception warning about thread safety.

--David

Marcin Wojdyr

Apr 10, 2009, 12:56:12 PM4/10/09
to David Hovis, fityk...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello David,

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:57:28AM -0400, David Hovis wrote:

> I was wondering if you could comment on the work needed to make
> libfityk thread safe.

The work is mostly changing parsers, that are written using Boost::Spirit.
I probably could avoid using global variables there, but since I'd like
to rewrite the parsers using either Spirit2x (when it's ready) or another
library/tool, I'm not going to work on thread-safety until then.

In general I don't have much time or motivation to work on fityk and
it's hard to make any guesses about the future of the program.

> I finally managed to figure out how to wrap
> 0.8.6 for Java with swig so that I can use it to process data from
> within ImageJ.

What changes did you need to make comparing with python SWIG wrapper?

Marcin

--
Marcin Wojdyr | http://www.unipress.waw.pl/~wojdyr/