Error when compiling from source

Crabs

May 8, 2018, 12:57:21 PM5/8/18
to fityk-dev
Fellow users,

I'm trying to compile fityk from source on a OS X 10.12.6.
After grabbing the latest version from github, I ran "autoreconf -iv" successfully.
But when trying to run "make", I get the following error after lots and lots of output messages from the compilation steps:

clang
: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make
[2]: *** [fityk] Error 1
make
[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make
: *** [all] Error 2

Any hint on how to properly compile?
Any help compiling is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Cassiano R.

Marcin Wojdyr

May 8, 2018, 1:02:41 PM5/8/18
to fity...@googlegroups.com
What are the symbols that have not been found?
They should be listed just above the message that you pasted.
Marcin
> --

Crabs

May 8, 2018, 2:07:21 PM5/8/18
to fityk-dev
After fiddling with this half a day, I just found out that Anaconda was the one to blame. Its version of wx-config was obscuring the one that was on my previous path.
After running the config like this: "./configure --with-wx-config=/usr/local/bin/wx-config", make was able to do its job.
Thank you Marcin for the fast willingness to help.
Best,
Cassiano R.