[fityk-devel] xylib code committed

张鹏

Jul 28, 2007, 6:01:57 AM7/28/07
to Marcin Wojdyr, fityk-dev ML
Hi, Marcin:

I have just committed the xylib code.
Changes:

17:30 2007-7-28 GMT+8 version 325
* Removed "common.h" file, and moved the needed functions to util.h
* Move docs about file formats from "IMPLEMENTATION REF" in test/*/README and from docs/formats to ds_*.cpp files. Integrated the format info together into ds_*.cpp files
* Cleaned up some code, /test -> /samples, update README and all comments, rm /docs
* Added a "3rdparty" directory, put some of the boost lib headers there, in case that client does not have the boost library installed.
* Changed to use struct FormatInfo to handle the format info, instead of using global arrays. Based on Marcin's advice with

Next, I will
1. Integrated the WinSpec format
2. have a look at the JCAMP format specifications and decide whether to implement it.

BTW, in your last mail about the suggestion of the FormatInfo class:
struct FormatInfo
{
  string name;
  string desc; // short, can be used in filter of open-file dialog
  vector<string> extensions;
  bool binary;
  bool multi_range;

  TypeInfo(...);

what is the TypeInfo for?

  bool has_extension(); // case insensitive

};

--
Regards,

Peng ZHANG (张鹏)

Marcin Wojdyr

Jul 29, 2007, 10:25:52 PM7/29/07
to 张鹏, fityk-dev ML
On 7/28/07, 张鹏 <zhangp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 17:30 2007-7-28 GMT+8 version 325

BTW, most of ChangeLogs I've seen have a reverse order.

> * Removed "common.h" file, and moved the needed functions to util.h
> * Move docs about file formats from "IMPLEMENTATION REF" in test/*/README
> and from docs/formats to ds_*.cpp files. Integrated the format info together
> into ds_*.cpp files
> * Cleaned up some code, /test -> /samples, update README and all comments,
> rm /docs
> * Added a "3rdparty" directory, put some of the boost lib headers there, in
> case that client does not have the boost library installed.

Great!

> * Changed to use struct FormatInfo to handle the format info, instead of
> using global arrays. Based on Marcin's advice with

are elements in g_fi ordered? (if yes, add a comment about it in code)

> Next, I will
> 1. Integrated the WinSpec format
> 2. have a look at the JCAMP format specifications and decide whether to
> implement it.

Good. When I'm done with the next version of fityk, I'll add other
formats from Fityk there, and then will start to use it in fityk.

Reading functions should not assume that a format is correct. E.g.
reading Bruker raw v2 file as v1 should not crash, but rather throw an
exception.

> BTW, in your last mail about the suggestion of the FormatInfo class:

[...]

> what is the TypeInfo for?

it's not needed.

Marcin