memory allocation error

Stefan Bollmann

Feb 8, 2011, 3:49:29 AM2/8/11
to fityk-dev
Hi @all,

let me first thank you for this amazing software. I have long searched
for a scriptable software that does stable fits and is easy to use
too.

Now, when using the GUI and invocing every command (see below) on its
own, then everythings fine. But when I start the commands to fast i.e.
in the script debugger, the program crashes. This happens as described
in the debugger, as well as when starting the script with the 'execute
script' dialogue and when using cfityk bbbb.fit (see below) on Linux
2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP i686 GNU/Linux.

script (bbbb.fit)

@0 < '/home/bbbb.asc'
plot []
define Diffusion(n,taud)=1/n/(1+x/taud)
sleep 1
%d=Diffusion(n=~50,taud=~1)
sleep 1
F+=%d
sleep 1
fit

data (*.asc), script (*.fit) can be downloaded from https://github.com/Boltzmann/bugs.

Thanks for reading,

Stefan Bollmann

Marcin Wojdyr

Feb 8, 2011, 4:10:26 AM2/8/11
to fity...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,
user-defined functions sometimes crash the program in fityk 0.9.5/6.
I've noticed it a few days ago and I'm going to release a new version
today.
I tried your script, it seems to work now (with the new version that
will be released soon)

Cheers,
Marcin