[fityk-devel] error checking added in the code

张鹏

Aug 8, 2007, 3:26:47 PM8/8/07
to Marcin Wojdyr, fityk-dev ML
Hi, Marcin:

I am very sorry for changing the API we disscussed without asking you.
Now the Ctors have been changed as you suggested. You are right, keep
things simple.

I have now added some necessary error checkings in the code, except
the uxd and rigaku format. You can review the other committed files
except these two.

I am now going to implement the two new formats and then re-write uxd
and rigaku format without the UxdLikeDataSet and the peek_line()
functions.
What's your suggestion about this?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Peng ZHANG (张鹏)

Marcin Wojdyr

Aug 8, 2007, 7:12:19 PM8/8/07
to 张鹏, fityk-dev ML
On 8/8/07, 张鹏 <zhangp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am very sorry for changing the API we disscussed without asking you.
> Now the Ctors have been changed as you suggested. You are right, keep
> things simple.

Great!

> I am now going to implement the two new formats and then re-write uxd
> and rigaku format without the UxdLikeDataSet and the peek_line()
> functions.
> What's your suggestion about this?

That's good.

Yesterday I sent email to powder-diffraction mailing list. Two formats
were recommended to be added: pdCIF and xrdml. Xrdml may be quite
complicated to implement, so I'd postpone it, but reading pdCIF would
be very useful.

Have a look at spec of Bruker v1 raw file: it has to begin with "RAW "
(padded with a space),
that's a better way to check the format than checking if it's not "RAW2".

Marcin

--
Marcin Wojdyr | http://www.unipress.waw.pl/~wojdyr/