MediaInfo issues with new version?

jhe...@lacma.org

Dec 8, 2017, 2:29:11 PM12/8/17
to fits-users
Hi all-
I've used the past few versions of FITS and recently convinced by Digital Asset Manager to include it in our DAMS configuration at LACMA. We are getting close, but received this error when trying to generate metadata for an .mp4

2017-12-08 07:11:38 - ERROR - ToolBelt:138 - Thread 1 error initializing edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.mediainfo.MediaInfo: java.lang.InstantiationException  Message: edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.mediainfo.MediaInfo
java.lang.InstantiationException: edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.mediainfo.MediaInfo
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.ToolBelt.createToolClassInstance(ToolBelt.java:166)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.ToolBelt.init(ToolBelt.java:120)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.ToolBelt.<init>(ToolBelt.java:56)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.Fits.<init>(Fits.java:242)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.Fits.<init>(Fits.java:122)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.Fits.<init>(Fits.java:111)
    at edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.Fits.main(Fits.java:293)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: edu.harvard.hul.ois.fits.tools.mediainfo.MediaInfo.<init>()
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    ... 8 more

Our IS department feels confident that the issue doesn't reside with our configuration but is related to the tool. Can you confirm this? Has anyone else had issues with MediaInfo not running?

Thanks!

Joey Heinen

dne...@g.harvard.edu

Dec 12, 2017, 3:56:10 PM12/12/17
to fits-users
Hello Joey,

I've taken a close look at and test this with a mp4 file and do not have this problem. Given a proper FITS environment, this exception should not be happening.
Have you downloaded and unpacked a FITS 1.2.0 zip file to a clean environment without any environment variable pointing to an old deployment?

You either download from the http://fitstool.org/downloads/ or build FITS (with Ant) that has been cloned or downloaded from GitHub.

Thanks,
David Neiman
FITS Development tTam