Problem with Fits with invalid xml on windows

christoph...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 8:15:58 AM8/23/17
to fits-users
Hi,

I'm trying to integrate FITS into our current preservation workflow.

When I run fits.bat (v. 1.2.0) on our server (Windows Server 2012 R2) with an invalid xml file (because no xml declaration is included) FITS is not terminating. I have attached the mentioned file to this post.
I tried with output on the command line (fits.bat -i export_mets.xml) and with output to an xml file (fits.bat -i export_mets.xml -o test.xml) both are not terminating. I tried it on another Windows Server, with the same outcome.
If I run FITS with the same file on my Linux notebook, everything is working fine.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem could be?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Christoph Reinhart

export_mets.xml

dne...@g.harvard.edu

Aug 28, 2017, 4:53:07 PM8/28/17
to fits-users
Hello,

We ran the attached file on Windows 7 using FITS 1.2.0. It ran and terminated without a problem. Metadata was generated by FITS for the input file. If you continue to have this problem you might want to try increasing the logging level in log4j.properties in the FITS home directory. One difference in our approach was to set both the -i and -o flags to a directory rather than a file. Then we put the attached file into the input directory. However, when adding the file name to both the -i and -o flags we still ended up with output metadata.

Best,
The FITS Team

christoph...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2017, 1:17:17 AM8/29/17
to fits-users
Hi,

thanks for checking.
I set the logging level to TRACE and tried to put the file into a folder. The process just hangs at said export_mets.mxl (see attached screenshot). If I run FITS on a subfolder, that does not contain the file, everything runs smooth (second screenshot).

Regards,
Chris
fits_screenshot.png
fits_screenshot2.png