FITS News

David Neiman

Aug 5, 2021, 12:46:06 PM8/5/21
to fits-users

Hello FITS users,

There has not been any recent updates or releases to the FITS. However, the project is still active. There have been several pull requests created in recent weeks that we are hoping to accept within the next few months. We are grateful for this community contribution. These can be examined here:
https://github.com/harvard-lts/fits/pulls

We are also hoping to have a group development sprint in 2022, either Q1 or Q2.

Thanks for using FITS,
The FITS development team

Andrew Woods

Aug 31, 2021, 7:48:18 PM8/31/21
to fits-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Following up from Dave's message, in order to maximize the opportunity
of a FITS community sprint in early 2022 it would be helpful to know
who of you might be interested in participating and if you have
preferred timing. The sprint will be one week long and will be most
productive if we have a mix of users, testers, developers, and
documentors.

In addition to reviewing and merging the existing pull-requests [1],
we expect to implement/resolve as many of the issues [2] as possible.

Please indicate your preferred availability and role(s) on this form
by Sept 30th: https://forms.gle/NBiCJSPxpWx2bnm98

Regards,
Andrew Woods
[1] https://github.com/harvard-lts/fits/pulls
[2] https://github.com/harvard-lts/fits/issues

Andrew Woods

Oct 13, 2021, 3:55:29 PM10/13/21
to fits-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
Based on input in the poll (or lack thereof), you all seem open on
dates for an early 2022 FITS development sprint. Stay tuned for
specifics as they become known.

Regards,
Andrew