FITS integration with ResourceSpace, or minimum PHP version

jhe...@lacma.org

Apr 10, 2019, 12:51:39 PM4/10/19
to fits-users
Hi all-
Last year we paid the developers of ResourceSpace to incorporate FITS integration into the system. We've had issues with the configuration, specifically with MediaInfo not being invoked for A/V files (actually, the error we receive indicates that no tools can be run on it). We have tried to reinstall the software (and java dependencies) on the server which ResourceSpace is run on (we are locally hosted) several times now and get the same result. The software vendors tell us that our PHP version is too out of date and we should update it (we are running PHP v5.6 and they recommend updating to 7.1.1). Is anyone else using FITS within a ResourceSpace DAMS environment? Or are you aware of any PHP version requirements for MediaInfo to be successfully invoked (perhaps this speaks more to a ResourceSpace dependency)? Thanks much.

dne...@g.harvard.edu

Apr 10, 2019, 3:24:03 PM4/10/19
to fits-users
Hello,

The MediaInfo tool embedded withing FITS only supports OSX, Windows, and RedHat. Other versions of Linux will likely result in the FITS code skipping the use of this tool.
Unfortunately, the developers of FITS have no experience with ResourceSpace. However, the version of PHP you are using likely does not have any impact on FITS as it does not use PHP in any way.
Also, curious what types of A/V files you are processing. What are the file types and file extensions?

Thanks,
The FITS development team