(PDF/ePub) The Second Mountain Writen By David Brooks

Lucas

May 28, 2022, 10:24:13 PM5/28/22
to fish...@googlegroups.com

The Second Mountain

By : David Brooks

READ BOOK NOW

 pdf download The Second Mountain

DOWNLOAD BOOK NOW

Book Synopsis :

In The Second Mountain, David Brooks explores the four commitments that define a life of meaning and purpose: to a spouse and family, to a vocation, to a philosophy or faith, and to a community. Our personal fulfillment depends on how well we choose and execute these commitments. In The Second Mountain, Brooks looks at a range of people who have lived joyous, committed lives, and who have embraced the necessity of dependence. He gathers their wisdom on how to choose a partner, how to pick a vocation, how to live out a philosophy, and how we can begin to integrate our commitments into one overriding purpose.In short, this book is meant to help us all lead more meaningful lives. But it?s also a provocative social commentary. We live in a society, Brooks argues, that celebrates freedom, that tells us to be true to ourselves, at the expense of surrendering to a cause, rooting ourselves in a neighborhood, binding ourselves to others by social solidarity and love. We have taken

Book Detail :

Author : David Brooks

Pages : 384 pages

Publisher : Random House