Stockfish 10 - Call for Binaries

Daylen Yang

Nov 29, 2018, 5:17:39 PM11/29/18
to FishCooking
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I searched this group and didn't find anything yet.

I'd love to update the http://stockfishchess.org website. So this is a call for binaries for Windows and Linux (and Android too, but that's lower priority). I'll build the macOS binary. Please ensure you're compiling for the various CPU types, and post your benchmark numbers as well.

Thanks,
Daylen Yang
Stockfish webmaster

hart...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2018, 7:16:56 PM11/29/18
to FishCooking
Is it true that the makefile no longer supports a 32-bit compile process? I read something about this in the talkchess forum.

Kiran Panditrao

Nov 29, 2018, 10:30:35 PM11/29/18
to FishCooking
Subject to approval of the Maintainers,

I herewith submit my binaries (static) for Windows (Pext, POPCNT and 32 bit)

The can be accessed here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7frm13dbo43e9o/Stockfish%2010.zip?dl=0

Regards,
KP

Daylen Yang

Nov 29, 2018, 10:54:35 PM11/29/18
to FishCooking
Can you also build an 64-bit, no POPCNT/PEXT version?

I assume you've benchmarked these against abrok.eu?

gogamoga

Nov 29, 2018, 11:59:22 PM11/29/18
to FishCooking
On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 10:54:35 AM UTC+7, Daylen Yang wrote:
> Can you also build an 64-bit, no POPCNT/PEXT version?
>

> I assume you've benchmarked these against abrok.eu?

I've benched (20 runs) Kiran's compiles against abrok's (have no access to bmi2 machine):

32bit was faster by 0.2%

1 (1 118 643,6 ) ---> 2 (1 116 654,0 ) ---> 0,178% 7 686,4 No No

POPCNT slower by 0.4%

1 (1 522 842,5 ) ---> 2 (1 516 659,4 ) ---> 0,408% 11 613,1 No No

Here's mine non-POPCNT compile (1.7% faster)
1 (1 433 922,8 ) ---> 2 (1 409 477,6 ) ---> 1,734% 4 981,0 Yes No

Plus POPCNT (0.8% faster)

1 (1 544 114,4 ) ---> 2 (1 531 561,3 ) ---> 0,820% 4 874,7 Yes No

Download here:
https://msg.dimonvideo.ru/sklad/files/700076/67re_sf_10.zip

Best regards

solar...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 12:07:24 AM11/30/18
to FishCooking
My compilation stockfish-10 for arm7,arm64,arm64 pgo.

https://app.box.com/s/luu807sxuso5m3ao05yogtalnrny1hw2

Best regards.
Alexei Chernakoff.

Kiran Panditrao

Nov 30, 2018, 2:21:07 AM11/30/18
to FishCooking
 Done !

All Windows compiles including x64 are here (earlier link will not work)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyrf3w8wdd9bpvz/Stockfish%2010.zip?dl=0

Regarding benchmarking ... This is what I got against abrok builds (First is abrok and second is mine in each category)

Mine vs abrok 2.png

Regards and thanks
KP

Kiran Panditrao

Nov 30, 2018, 2:25:07 AM11/30/18
to FishCooking
Looks like inserted image is not that clear ...apologies.

The same image is attached for convenience.
Abrok vs My builds.png

senadha...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 2:34:17 AM11/30/18
to FishCooking
Well aren't builds suposed to be faster than abrok, if it cant be faster dont slow it down eather, rather put abrok rename build to official download

Kiran Panditrao

Nov 30, 2018, 3:58:11 AM11/30/18
to FishCooking
If you look at the image i posted ... it can be seen that I got better nps from my builds than abrok (in each category x32, x64, x64 modern and x64 bmi2 first build is abrok (as evident from binary name itself) and immediate next is mine)  ...  also the deviation for abrok builds is quite higher than what i got from my builds.

So, the builds i posted look like faster than abrok on my machine.

lolag...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 2:37:09 PM11/30/18
to FishCooking
Patiently waiting for an Android (droidfish) build... pretty please?

damasc...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 7:35:07 PM11/30/18
to FishCooking

Alexei Chernakoff already upload Stockfish 10 for Android.

They're working very good in Droidfish 1.72. You only need to copy the engines in the UCI folder file in Droidfish.

Kudos to him and to all Stockfish Team!

Daylen Yang

Nov 30, 2018, 9:40:22 PM11/30/18
to FishCooking
I haven't heard from Marco or Stephane yet. If I don't get a response soonish, here's what I'm planning to post:

- Windows binaries: Kiran Panditrao's binaries.
- Mac binaries: my binaries (already up, but I will see if I can get it Gatekeeper certified).
- Linux binaries: Taken from abrok.eu.
- Android binaries: Alexei Chernakoff's binaries.

Stephane Nicolet

Dec 1, 2018, 3:12:00 AM12/1/18
to FishCooking

Le samedi 1 décembre 2018 03:40:22 UTC+1, Daylen Yang a écrit :
I haven't heard from Marco or Stephane yet. If I don't get a response soonish, here's what I'm planning to post:

- Windows binaries: Kiran Panditrao's binaries.
- Mac binaries: my binaries (already up, but I will see if I can get it Gatekeeper certified).
- Linux binaries: Taken from abrok.eu.
- Android binaries: Alexei Chernakoff's binaries.

That's fine for me, thanks to everybody who posted binaries or tested them!

@Kiran: I suppose that this is the case, can you just confirm to me that your binaries
are self-contained and don't need the DLLs ?

@Daylen: I will test your Mac binary on two Macs, I have one with 10.13.6 and one
with 10.9.5, do you know which version of Mac OS X is it back-compatible?

@Marco, @Daylen : do you have access to the blog section of http://blog.stockfishchess.org ?
it would be nice to post about version 10 (the last announcement there is for version 8 :-) On a
related note, maybe the support forum in http://support.stockfishchess.org would benefit from
a better anti-spam system (captcha or moderation or anything?)

Anyway, thanks for having taken the initiative to ask for binaries and update your site!

Stéphane

Kiran Panditrao

Dec 1, 2018, 3:37:07 AM12/1/18
to FishCooking
Thanks !

The binaries are self-contained (static) and don't need the DLLs.

However, due to limitation of GCC on Windows when we build a static one (self-contained) Link Time Optimization (-lto) is unavailable. so these are not as fast as what we submit for say TCEC.

To get even faster static (self-contained) builds one needs to cross-compile them on Linux + Wine (with COMP=mingw), since I have not tested such cross-compiled ones thoroughly, I have built them on Windows.

I once again confirm that the binaries I have submitted are self-contained (static) and don't need the DLLs.

Regards,
KP

Daylen Yang

Dec 1, 2018, 1:43:13 PM12/1/18
to FishCooking
1. Min version OS X 10.11.
2. Yep, I'll update it with both version 9 and 10. I'll probably turn off the support site since it's been gathering dust, and people can turn to talkchess/etc if they need help.

senadha...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2018, 2:54:52 PM12/1/18
to FishCooking
Please update for android :(

tomicmi...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2018, 4:06:55 PM12/1/18
to FishCooking
субота, 01. децембар 2018. 20.54.52 UTC+1, senadha...@gmail.com је написао/ла:
> Please update for android :(

Already updated. Here is a link: https://stockfish.s3.amazonaws.com/stockfish-10-android.zip

julianpatri...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2019, 1:08:44 AM11/8/19
to FishCooking
Is there a guide specifically for stockfish compilation to android using MSYS2?