Dark theme update (lower contrast)

Pasquale Pigazzini

Jun 26, 2021, 10:18:36 AMJun 26
to FishCooking
@SFisGOD lowered the contrast of the Dark theme: my eyes are very grateful :)

https://github.com/glinscott/fishtest/pull/955

Refresh your browser with CRTL+F5 to load the new theme.

Suggestions are welcome!

-pp

Jörg Oster

Jun 26, 2021, 10:41:11 AMJun 26
to FishCooking
Thank you.
My eyes are grateful, too!

Fred James

Jun 26, 2021, 2:17:28 PMJun 26
to FishCooking
Good work by reducing the contrast.
Could the white box be made fully black or a much darker grey with text and box outline in white
Sharpness/contrast can also be reduced for the red and green tests
Just my suggestion :)
Great job with the dark mode (y)

Giacomo Lorenzetti

Jun 26, 2021, 3:04:20 PMJun 26
to FishCooking
Thank you ppigazzini and SFisGOD! Now dark mode is far better than before.

I think background color is still too "bright": probably we might "copy" OpenBench (http://chess.grantnet.us/index/): after all is a kind of Fishtest fork. :-)

Lorenz (G-Lorenz on GitHub)

Jonathan

Jun 28, 2021, 5:51:04 AMJun 28
to FishCooking
What do you guys think of this?
Dark.bmpSample.bmp

Jonathan

Jun 28, 2021, 5:57:35 AMJun 28
to FishCooking
- I think background color is still too "bright"

What background color?

Giacomo Lorenzetti

Jun 28, 2021, 9:54:36 AMJun 28
to FishCooking
The main color, the one behind "Stockfish Testing Queue".

My proposal is to use in Fishtest the same color (or at least similar) as OpenBench.

I think those are the lines involved (but I don't know CSS):

I test in my browser 303030 (as in OpenBench) instead of 111 obtaining what I suggested, but don't trust me too much. :-)

Thank you again!
Lorenz