Contributors in the last two years

Stephane Nicolet

Jan 30, 2018, 10:43:16 AM1/30/18
to FishCooking
Hi all,

Here is a list of developers of the Stockfish project in the last two years (plus Gary and Tord),
in alphabetical order, as I think it would be nice to add such a list in the release notes of SF 9.
The nicknames are from the commit list of GitHub, but the names I have typed by hand when
I knew them, so some of them may have mistakes and some of them are just missing.

=> please add/correct the names if you see anything wrong and know how to improve the list,
and please also drop us a word if you refuse to see your name published in the release notes,
of course.

Thanks to all,
Stéphane

============

ajithcj
Alain Savard (Rocky640)
Andrew Grant (AndyGrant)
Andrey Neporada (nepal)
Aram Tumanian (atumanian)
Ben Koshy (BKSpurgeon)
Bill Henry (VoyagerOne)
Chris Cain (ceebo)
Cooffe
Daniel Dugovic (ddugovic)
DU-jdto
ElbertoOne
erbsenzaehler
Fabian Beuke (madnight)
Fabian Fichter (ianfab)
Fauzi Akram Dabat (FauziAkram)
fbv-sf
gamander
Gary Linscott (glinscott)
Gian-Carlo Pascutto (gcp)
Gontran Lemaire (gonlem)
Goodkov Vasiliy Aleksandrovich (goodkov)
GuardianRM
Günther Demetz (pb00067, pb00068)
Guy Vreuls (gvreuls)
Hiraoka Takuya (HiraokaTakuya)
hxim
Ivan Ivec (IIvec)
Jacques B. (Timshel)
Jonathan Calovski (jcalovski)
Joona Kiiski (zamar)
Joost VandeVondele (vondele)
Jörg Oster (joergoster)
Kiran Panditrao (Krgp)
loco-loco
Lucas Braesch (lucasart)
Lyudmil Antonov (lantonov)
Marco Costalba (mcostalba)
mbootsector
Michael Byrne (MichaelB7)
Mira Fontan (Hexik)
Nathan Rugg (nmrugg)
Nicklas Persson (NicklasPersson)
Niklas Fiekas (niklasf)
Pasquale Pigazzini (ppigazzini)
Ronald de Man (syzygy1)
SapphireBrand
saproj
Stefan Geschwentner (locutus2)
Stefano Cardanobile (Stefano80)
Stéphane Nicolet (snicolet)
theo77186
Tom Vijlbrief (tomtor)
Tord Romstad (romstad)
tthsqe12

============

algot...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 12:25:37 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
I think that the last one is
Mohammed Li (tthsqe12)

Stephane Nicolet

Jan 30, 2018, 1:10:41 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
Le mardi 30 janvier 2018 18:25:37 UTC+1, Alain Savard a écrit :
I think that the last one is
Mohammed Li (tthsqe12)

Thanks, seems like I also forgot:

Brian Sheppard (SapphireBrand)
basepr1me
mibere
Leonardo Ljubičić (GM)
Sergei Antonov (saproj)

Any others?

Stephane Nicolet

Jan 30, 2018, 1:12:11 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
===========

ajithcj
Alain Savard (Rocky640)
Andrew Grant (AndyGrant)
Andrey Neporada (nepal)
Aram Tumanian (atumanian)
basepr1me
Ben Koshy (BKSpurgeon)
Bill Henry (VoyagerOne)
Brian Sheppard (SapphireBrand)
Leonardo Ljubičić (GM)
loco-loco
Lucas Braesch (lucasart)
Lyudmil Antonov (lantonov)
Marco Costalba (mcostalba)
mbootsector
mibere
Michael Byrne (MichaelB7)
Mira Fontan (Hexik)
Mohammed Li (tthsqe12)
Nathan Rugg (nmrugg)
Nicklas Persson (NicklasPersson)
Niklas Fiekas (niklasf)
Pasquale Pigazzini (ppigazzini)
Ronald de Man (syzygy1)
Sergei Antonov (saproj)
Stefan Geschwentner (locutus2)
Stefano Cardanobile (Stefano80)
Stéphane Nicolet (snicolet)
theo77186
Tom Vijlbrief (tomtor)
Tord Romstad (romstad)
Torsten Franz (torfranz)

==============

algot...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 1:19:14 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
Maybe from more than 2 years ago, but you are also missing a few from
https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish/graphs/contributors

For exemple MathewLai (the author of Giraffe) is missing.

This list is a bit misleading. For some reason, locutus2 have many more commits then showed.

Bryan

Jan 30, 2018, 1:58:07 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
I know I speak for so many workers, the community of SF fans, and chess lovers in general, in simply saying thank you to all of you developers for all the hours of labor, the creativity, dogged persistence, patience, effort, inspiration, getting up from repeated failures, humble collaboration / teamwork, and sheer brilliance, that has gone into improving SF over the past two years, so that we can see it play such beautiful chess at such a high level. Thank you! Congratulations and cheers to you all.

mibere

Jan 30, 2018, 4:21:59 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
Hello Stéphane,

thanks for the nomination :-) Would be nice to be in the list of contributors.

mibere: Patrick Jansen

lp

Jan 30, 2018, 5:53:34 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
List is clearly incomplete. Not all names from this

 git log 4f6aa152284e8009..HEAD  --format="%aN" --reverse | perl -e 'my %dedupe; while (<STDIN>) { print unless $dedupe{$_}++}' | sort

AL.GleeD NICE

Jan 30, 2018, 6:21:26 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
hi
I am happy with that
I would have achieved even 0.01% by contributing to this great beast

(Ali_ALZhrani) Cooffe

Leonardo Ljubičić aka Dragon Mist

Jan 30, 2018, 6:30:12 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking
Hello Stephane,

although I am immensely flattered to see my name here, folks need to know all I ever did was moan and complain a lot during TCEC and definitely do not deserve the place here - Bryan on the other hand seems to be skipped, a person who permanently invest tons of time and analyses moves and games and performance, always trying to find something useful for programmers and to point out the problems as well as hint constructive ways to solve them. I think it would be nice to add him to this list.

Stephane Nicolet

Jan 30, 2018, 7:01:09 PM1/30/18
to FishCooking

Thanks for the remarks, everybody, the most current list is in this page: https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish/issues/1380