Compile/build Stockfish in Microsoft Visual Studio 2022

Dan Geana

Apr 21, 2022, 5:29:22 AMApr 21
to FishCooking
I tried to compile/build the source of Stockfish 14.1 in Microsoft
Visual Studio 2022. It seems that this C++ is more restrictive, I received a lot of errors!
Has somebody tried a such compile/build with a version of MVS?
Thanks in advance

Ali Muhammad Shiekh

May 19, 2022, 2:52:28 PMMay 19
to FishCooking
Hi,

I am trying to do the same by myself. I am using visual studio 2022 and the Stockfish-master.

Furthermore, I am wondering which type of Visual Studio project have you chosen to do so ? And how did you add the Stockfish/src files into this VS project ?

Thanks,
Ali.

Ali Muhammad Shiekh

May 19, 2022, 2:59:44 PMMay 19
to FishCooking
By the way, have you tried to enable the Lock Pages in Memory Option (Windows) ? you can use this guide to do so :

This is info is extracted from official Stockfish site : https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish (please go to "Support on Windows" section)

Ali Muhammad Shiekh

May 19, 2022, 6:17:16 PMMay 19
to FishCooking
Okey, I've found this option : https://github.com/HarinezumiSama/Stockfish-VisualStudio . It's a sample project ready to be build using a visual studio (*.sln file, see src folder). So, now you can copy the configuration for your own project, or just use the project as it is with visual studio 2022.

It worked successfully for me. I am using the latest toolset (v143) and I've got no problems.

Have a nice day!