New BrainLearn and ShashChess

manza...@gmail.com

May 19, 2021, 5:13:11 PMMay 19
to FishCooking

ani19bd

May 21, 2021, 4:52:44 AMMay 21
to FishCooking
Thank you for the upload! Just couple questions:
1) Why  are the files so huge? They are 518 MB each!
2) I notice the "experience.bin" file is not present in the folder which was present in the previous versions.

Thanks.
Ani

manza...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 5:29:03 AMMay 21
to FishCooking
1. Because there are the buld for different versions and the net increased from 20 to 45 MB
2. the experience.bin was generated during the build, but not useful. you have to create a new or use
 an existing one

manza...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2021, 4:02:27 PMJun 1
to FishCooking
ShashChess 17.1
Solved an important bug on the search for Shashin theory.
The engine now is a lot stronger.
Aligned with Stockfish patch
Author: candirufish Date: Mon May 31 18:31:32 2021 +0200 Timestamp: 1622478692 Check Extension with Static Evaluation extension for checking moves, at higher depth and more decisive positions.

manza...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2021, 11:26:55 AMJun 2
to FishCooking
An extraordinary result also on hard positions:

ani19bd

Jun 2, 2021, 6:35:06 PMJun 2
to FishCooking
Very impressive results.
I noticed CCRL is still using ShashChess 15 for their rating list. Can you  notify them to use the latest SashChess and BrainLearn to their rating list? It will be nice to know the actual rating of both engines.

manza...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2021, 4:26:14 AMJun 3
to FishCooking
I sent them the newest ShashChess.
We'll see.
Andrea

manza...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 10:17:22 AMAug 21
to FishCooking
Shashchess 18
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/releases/tag/18
On this occasion, I want to reiterate the goal of this Stockfish derivate is only to demonstrate Shashin theory can improve, at least at LTC,
original engine's strength and hard positions solving capability in a flexible way.
So, for now, we can't contribute on new nnue nets/architectures generation.
This can't be tested on the stockfish testing framework.
It also integrates our learning system on the search.
We hope our gpl code can be source of inspiration for the Stockfish community.
Already some members asked us for a collaboration and we're surely happy to contribute.
Enjoy!

ani19bd

Aug 21, 2021, 10:03:39 PMAug 21
to FishCooking
What is the ELO gain compared to ShashChess 17.1? And hen will BrinLearn 14 be release?

manza...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 3:56:53 PMAug 22
to FishCooking
Thanks for the question.
The Elo gain is more or less the same as the one of the corresponding Stockfish.
For now, no BrainLearn 14, but we're working on.
Andrea

manza...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 4:24:57 PMAug 22
to FishCooking

manza...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2021, 6:27:22 PM (11 days ago) Sep 4
to FishCooking
18.1
Nnue eval aligned with the classical one: it's crucial on Shashchess and I proposed
it also to the official community to avoid misleading evaluations by the gui.
There is a great boost in strength as the tests will show.

Stockfish patch
Author: SFisGOD
Date: Tue Aug 31 12:56:19 2021 +0200
Timestamp: 1630407379

Update default net to nn-735bba95dec0.nnue

manza...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2021, 8:31:04 AM (11 days ago) Sep 5
to FishCooking
Tests results:

LTC Match on positions based on characteristics

Hard positions test suite

ani19bd

Sep 5, 2021, 1:21:29 PM (10 days ago) Sep 5
to FishCooking
Noticed the NNUE net of ShashChess 18.1 is same as SugarAI 2.40 (nn735bba95dec0). And does ShashChess has any logo? Tried internet searching couldn't find anything.

manza...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2021, 3:06:37 PM (10 days ago) Sep 5
to FishCooking

manza...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2021, 2:17:53 PM (yesterday) Sep 14
to FishCooking