Aquarium Chemistry

Carlrs

Jul 22, 2014, 8:17:09 PM7/22/14
to fish-...@googlegroups.com
I have updated my "Aquarium Chemistry" article

Correct aquarium chemistry is important in prevention and even cure of fish diseases.

Here is a quote from the article:
"Popular but outdated aquarium traditions state that only certain fish need water high in electrolytes and calcium, this is only partly true.
It is noteworthy that the Fish Body (as an organism) is alkaline by nature and is constantly attacked by free radicals which are usually acidic.
While freshwater fish absorb needed H2O (saltwater drink constantly), the need for these electrolytes and calcium for some fish (such as Amazon River fish) is lower than some, however Proper Osmotic function still requires that calcium and other electrolytes be present in the aquatic environment as well as foods.
"

Article Resource:
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/AquariumKH.html

Carl