Fish Columnaris/Fungus

1 view

Carlrs

May 31, 2013, 8:38:47 PM5/31/13
to fish-...@googlegroups.com
We once again have updated our Fish Columnaris/Fungus  article.

A new picture was added, a new outside reference was cited, as well as more information and layout changes

This is a must read, especially with the plethora of misinformation about the treatment of this disease, that is especially bad among betta websites

Carl

Carlrs

Jul 25, 2014, 8:00:42 PM7/25/14
to fish-...@googlegroups.com
I have updated my article about Columnaris & Fungus (Saprolegnia), in particular the section dealing with Saprolegnia/fungus

Here is a snip from the article:
"Another consideration in differentiating Fungus (Saprolegnia) from Columnaris is that Saprolegnia & fungi often grow on dead tissue, UNLIKE Columnaris which MUST have living tissue to live on.
This is an important distinction, since it is often found on dying or dead tissue of a live fish, as well as the remains of a decomposing fish, shrimp, etc.
"

Reference:
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Columnaris.html

Carl