MNN David "Mini Me" Crombie Eats at Many Troughs

marcel

Feb 22, 2008, 11:44:52 AM2/22/08
to First Nations Skyvillage

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:00:55 -0800
From: orakwa <ora...@paulcomm.ca>

Kahentinetha Horn, MNN MohawkNation News

MNN. Feb. 21, 2008. We didn't know at Indian Affairs that when Tiny
David Crombie was the Minister that he would go on to gorge himself at
a whole lot of other troughs. As a matter of fact, no matter what
trough it is, we keep seeing the same bunch of hogs. He is a small
man but he's having a BIG career. In fact, he's downright bloated.

Tiny Davey is 72 years old and a member of the Conservative party.
From 1972 to 1978 he was the "perfect tiny mayor" of Toronto. In 1978
he went to Ottawa to become the Minister of Indian Affairs and held
two other portfolios, under former Prime Ministers Joe Clark and Brian
"On-the-take-to-support-my-family" Mulroney.

In 2002 he must have had a particularly strong case of flatulence.
Davey rocketed straight up to the top of the nuclear industry. He
became the chairman of the "Nuclear Waste Management Organization".
We have to apologize to our readers. By this point the whiff of
manure must be getting rather strong. The guy obviously lacks the
scientific grounding needed to protect the public on nuclear waste
management issues, just like he lacked the knowledge to understand
Indigenous issues.

It is now obvious that this nuclear waste gig is the new "small pox
blanket" and "residential school strategy" that were being used to
exterminate us. Are we supposed to believe that it's a coincidence
that a lot of these nuclear waste sites are ending up either on or
near our communities? We are getting cancer, diabetes, birth defects
and other environmental illnesses like asthma and food allergies.
Even autism is connected to nuclear pollution.

If there is no connection, why did Davey's organization recently give
a grant to the Congress of Aboriginal People Inc. CAP, headed by
Patrick "Fabio Wannabe" Brazeau. Is this "hush money"? It's obvious
that the nuclear commission wants to persuade Indigenous people who
suffer from isolation and lack of opportunity that they are "our
friends". They don't want us to object to being "nuked". One way is
to front an organization like CAP and funnel money through it. Fabio
doesn't appear to know any better. In fact, rumor has it that he's
"out of it" most of the time. We can only hope he comes to some day
soon.

We have heard that nuclear submarine warfare is the current military
strategy of choice. Spent uranium fuel from nuclear reactors is going
to fuel the subs which can stay underwater for long periods of time
and travel close to the shores and in shallow waters. Why are they
playing this 19th Century game? "Spy subs?" Don't they know that
almost all information about anything we want to know is freely
available on the internet? You'd almost think this was a Disney
production of "Spy Kids 6" or something! The trouble is the solution
is real. The health problems are real. The misuse of public funds is
real. It may look like a kid's game, but it's no joke.

According to what we've heard, the plan is that one of the major
military installations is going to be in the middle of Turtle Island
using the St. Lawrence River-Great Lakes watershed. The U.S. Navy
hopes to treat this inland basin like a "bath tub". Instead of
playing with rubber ducks, they want to play with nuclear subs.

Little boys playing games! In their fantasy game, the "enemy" subs
can't come through the St. Lawrence Seaway without being detected.
Nuclear power plants placed in heavily populated areas on the pretence
that they are providing much needed electricity, will provide the
spent uranium needed to fuel their subs.

The big news that this latter day "Spanky and Our Gang" forgot about
is that the St. Lawrence River-Great Lakes watershed is all
Haudenosaunee land and we never surrendered it. They've been caught
with their fingers in the cookie jar and cake all over their face.
Little Davey is in the thick of it.

By some "coincidence", he's involved in settling the land claim for
Greater Toronto, which is 372 square miles of Haudenosaunee land.
Both "Toronto" and "Ontario" are Mohawk words. Not that any children
in the colonial society are taught this. True to colonial form, Davey
is negotiating with the Missisaugas, who were parachuted in from Blind
River in 1874 to sell our land. It was found to be illegal then and
now Davey is re-purchasing it from the Mississaugas! Hey, man! Is
he buying the Brooklyn Bridge from the paper boy too?

On September 13th a member of the Gualtieri family was hospitalized
when two Mohawk youths were attacked by five members of his family at
the Stirling Street housing development site at Six Nations.

Does Chuckie think this is "Child's Play"? Two days later on
September 15 Chuckie "Dolly " Strahl, Indian Affairs Minister and
Federal Interlocutor for Métis and Non-Status Indians, appointed Davey
to be the "Community Liaison Officer" (CLO) for Canada to give
Caledonia residents a voice in talks between the Six Nations and
Ottawa. [Chuckie Strahl 819-997-0002 Media Relations 819-953-1160].
Dolly Chuckie was convinced Davey was the man for the job because his
anti-Indigenous credentials were well established.

What happened when Dolly Chuckie appointed his people to all sides of
the issue? Two days later, on September 19th, twenty 6 Nations
defenders were attacked by the combined forces of over 200 Ontario
Provincial Police, Hamilton City Police and the RCMP. They were
objecting to the non-native housing development on "Stirling Street"
in the colonial town of Caledonia.

Chuckie the Doll said Little Davey will handle the complaints of the
non-aboriginal residents while federal negotiators will deal with the
native groups. Chuckie appointed people to both sides of the issue.
Confused representatives of the Six Nations sit on the third side.
This is a "ménage a trois". It's like a baseball field. They think
they have their three bases covered. But "Home Plate" will never be
theirs. We'll catch them! They have no home base on Onowaregeh,
Turtle Island. They belong on the other side of the ocean.

Davey is the third former politician to step into what Canada and
Ontario call "the complicated Six Nations dispute". There's nothing
complicated about it. According to their own law, they are
trespassing. They have to stop! That's all there is to it. Fraud!
The repercussion of the colonial refusal to follow their own laws
flared up again two years ago. On February 28th 2006 Six Nations
Indigenous occupied a subdivision under construction on their land and
are still there.

Former Ontario premier David Peterson was briefly the Ontario
provincial point man on the case. In May 2006, Jane "I-apologize-but-I-
still-want-my-hubby-to-a-make-mint-on-illegal-development-on-Indian-
land" Stewart, former Liberal Minister of Indian Affairs, was
appointed by Ontario as "special representative" to talk to us. In
May 2007, she was replaced by a career bureaucrat. "Big" Barb
McDougall is the Ottawa representative. Some of these women are
trying to prove that gender is no barrier to feeding at the trough.

The province tried to defuse the situation by purchasing the disputed
land on behalf of Six Nations. Ontario gave those "sneaky thieves",
Henco, over $18 million in "hush money". They thought this payout of
tax money would deflect the way these opportunists were taking
advantage of both us and the public. Ontario contends they will hold
our land until we "behave" ourselves and let it become municipalized
under their government. We will never let that happen. Just think.
How would anyone feel if the banks refused to return your money and
keep turning it over for their own profit?

Here are a few other troughs that Davey eats at. [http://www.ainc-
inac.gc.ca/nr/prs/s-d2007/2-2932-bk-eng.asp] - He is currently
President and Chief Executive Officer of the "Canadian Urban
Institute" (CUI) which was established in 1990 by the City and
Municipality of Toronto. He is Chair of Ontario Place Corporation,
Chair of the Advisory Council of the Nuclear Waste Management
Organization [which we've already mentioned] and President of David
Crombie & Associates Inc. It is not proper for the head of a private
company to hold so many high public offices. Separation of private
business from public administration is an important principle that is
constitutionally entrenched in some countries but ignored in Canada.
Davey is constantly spinning in the revolving door playing private and
public musical chairs.

When is the well-dressed "mannekin" at Rideau Hall, the Governor
General Michaelle Jean, going to step in and stop these colonial hogs
from running rough shod over us and the public? She is supposed to be
carrying out the law on behalf of "Queenie". We've sent her letter
after letter about this deplorable criminal activity. She's ignored
all but did acknowledge receiving one. She's nothing but a public
relations "mouthpiece" that the colonists send out to camouflage their
war on the public. As far as the Mohawks are concerned, she is the
"Haitian against the Nation". Does anyone have any idea on how we,
the Indigenous and non-Indigenous people, living on Turtle Island, can
get out from under the thrall of these greedy crooks?

Kahentinetha Horn, MNN MohawkNation News

See Category: "Six Nations"

New MNN Books Available Now!

The books below, email us:

Mohawk Warriors Three - The Trial of Lasagna, Noriega, 20/20
$20.00 usd

The On-Going Confusion between The Great Law and The Handsome Lake
Code
$20.00 usd

The Agonizing Death of "Colonialism" and "Federal Indian Law" in
Kaianere'ko:wa/Great Law Territory

$20.00 usd

Who's Sorry Now? The good, the bad and the unapologetic Mohawks of
Kanehsatake

$20.00 usd

Rebuilding the Iroquois Confederacy
Karoniaktajeh
$10 usd

Warriors Hand Book
Karoniaktajeh
$10 usd

Mail checks and money orders to...

MNN
P.O. Box 991
Kahnawake, QC J0L 1B0

Purchase t-shirts, mugs and more at our CafePress Store

http://www.cafepress.com/mohawknews

Subscribe to MNN for breaking news updates

Sign Women Title Holders petition!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Iroquois

Link to MNN

Get the code and banners to link to Mohawk Nation News.

http://www.mohawknationnews.com/pg.php?page=promote.html

Your Support

Make a contribution to our newsgroup.

Secure your online transaction with PayPal®.

http://www.mohawknationnews.com/pg.php?page=donate.html

Nia:wen,

Kahentinetha Horn

Kahent...@yahoo.com

Speaking & Contemporary Native Issues Workshops

Katenies

Katen...@yahoo.com

Manager

Stay tuned!