FOR NON-NATIVE TROUBLE-MAKERS AT SIX NATIONS

1 view

marcel

Feb 19, 2008, 6:00:22 PM2/19/08
to First Nations Skyvillage
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:00:13 -0800
From: orakwa <ora...@paulcomm.ca>

Subject: MNN Toby "Red Neck" Barrett sues for "peace" at 6 Nations

TOBY "RED NECK" BARRETT SUES FOR "PEACE"

MNN. Feb. 19, 2008. Stirring up confusion and

misinformation on the Six Nations land reclamation

issue is an established colonial strategy. On

February 11, 2008, Toby "Custer Wannabe" Barrett

of the Ontario Legislature for Haldimand & Norfolk,

tried to rally up his troops by issuing his own private

and personal "proclamation" at a meeting held in the

colonial "hick town" of Caledonia. Are he and the

mayor, Marie "Potty" Trainor, still screaming for the

army to come in and declare war? Hey, it didn't work

in Kanehsatake/Oka in 1990 and it won't work here!

It's now two years since we took back our land of

Kanonhstaton. Despite all kinds of lies and dirty tricks,

we've kept it. We are continuing to assert our

stewardship and responsibility as trustees over all

Haudenosaunee land. This encompasses the St.

Lawrence, Great Lakes watershed right down to New

York State, Vermont and beyond.

One thing has become painfully clear. Despite all the

talk and hot air and supposed good will, the colonial

cultures do not understand the principles of our law.

Ottawa and Ontario are all looking for misguided chiefs

and spokespeople willing to play "let's make a deal".

Unfortunately they have found a few. We know who

they are. This is an internal concern. We will deal with

it. As for the foreign governments, who would have

thought they would resurrect failed 18th Century tactics

like this? Australia used these tactics and just apologized.

Grow up colonial Canada and Ontario.

The politicians and functionaries that Canada and Ontario

have sent us just don't get it. They're still in the mindset

of appropriators and exploiters. Like their ancestors, they

don't' think about maintaining the land and environment

for future generations of our people or of their own.

On top of this, they do not understand the first thing

about our political organization, despite centuries of

squatting on our land. They haven't even gotten it

through their thick skulls that the power is in the people

in an egalitarian society where everyone has a voice.

Connie Kid of "Canadians for Aboriginal Rights" had

a great answer for Toby "Gary-McHale-Hand-Maiden"

Barrett, when he tried to instigate more trouble.

The guy must have incipient Alzheimers. He suggested

that the way "to bring about peace, order and good

government" was to falsely accuse us of committing

"arson, extortion, barricades, land seizures, occupations,

militant protests, and related harassment, intimidation,

mob violence and threats to public safety". What he

"forgot" is that most of these acts were done by his

non-native constituents - not by us and not by our

friends and supporters.

Toby "Ratcheting-up-the-Rhetoric" Barrett went on to

state that "the non-native community safety, social

and economic life has declined because of the climate

of fear, chaos and uncertainty generated by various

acts of lawlessness and related intimidation". Once

again, he forgot to mention that this was all generated

by his people who are refusing to fulfill their obligations

and by himself as a piece of grease in the cog in the

wheel that is promoting conflict.

We share his concern about the kinds of social

disorder he decries. The problem is none of this

would have happened if the colonial governments

had respected their obligations and stopped

squatters from squatting onto Mohawk land.

Toby "Who's-always-tripping-over-his-own-tongue"

Barrett's allegations apply to real concerns that we

all share. The professional instigators who were

covertly hired to infiltrate the members of the colonial

society who are conventionally treated like rabble are

the source of the problem. We find it bizarre that the

tax money paid by honest citizens is being used to

incite the ill-informed to attack us. Why were

skinheads recruited? Why was the KKK allowed to

use the post office to spread racist hate propaganda

against us?

It is truly unfortunate that the colonial administrations

of Ontario and Canada seem to have fallen under the

control of such disreputable interests when most of the

citizens are honest supporters of the protection of our

rights.

Toby "Dr. Evil" demanded that, "all land dispute

"negotiations" and related actions cease until extortion,

illegal occupations and protests are terminated". We

couldn't agree more! Colonial agencies and their cohorts

MUST stop their thieving, extortion and violence against

us.

Toby wants "individuals, businesses and the

municipality to be compensated for loss, insecurity,

economic decline and any other collateral damage"

they've suffered. Right on! We've been asking for

compensation since Ontario was "Upper Canada".

It's high time they returned all our land and paid us

for our losses. When are they going to get off our

land, give us our trust monies with interest and

recognize that their attempt to depose our true

government in 1924 was completely illegal?

Connie Kidd of "Canadians for Aboriginal Rights"

had a quick response for Toby "Two-Faces-on-the

Law" Barrett on February 12, 2008. She told him,

"There is absolutely nothing you can do, except get

used to living lawfully and return stolen land to the

rightful owners". She said, "IT'S CANADA, ONTARIO

AND THE MUNICIPALITIES THAT ARE IN VIOLATION

OF CANADA'S LAWS, NOT SIX NATIONS".

"Canada must consult with Six Nations prior to

approving ANY development". She also pointed out

that, "Canada's past involves squatting on Indigenous

land and calling it our own. But it isn't legal!" The

developers have learned that land transfers from Six

Nations to the Crown were never 'registered' in the

Ontario Land Registry. The land was placed in their

trust, but never paid for. All the sales and leases

throughout Ontario and Canada, for that matter, are

invalid. Canada always knew about this land theft

and fraud.

Connie thinks that if Canada doesn't negotiate in

good faith with us NOW, we should assert our land

rights all across Canada which we can and will

lawfully do. She agrees that "Canada has no land

mass of its own. It's all . Indigenous lands". Canada

will cease to be a country [if it ever was one]. Canada

is a conglomeration of displaced persons with no land

to call their own. Those who refuse to live by our law

should go back to their homelands. [Connie, you are

welcome to stay!] They need to admit this fact and stop

trying to orchestrate our extermination. They refuse to

notice that genocide is out of fashion.

As Connie pointed out, Canada "miscalculated the

resilience" of the Indigenous people who managed to

survive the genocidal age. She suggests, "Humble,

respectful good faith" as the basis of our relations with

our visitors is the only solution. If Canada ever stops

pretending that it 'owns' Indigenous peoples, lands,

water and air, it will be possible to work something out.

There has to be truth before there can be reconciliation.

Canada has to admit that it 'owns' nothing according to

Indigenous, Canadian or International Law.

Connie condemns Canada's "genocide-for-land policies".

She contends Canada doesn't have any negotiating room

as things stand. We can only wonder when they're going

to stop flogging the dead colonial horse. The Governor

General has to stop hiding behind the screen and deal

with us, or go back where she came from. [Connie Kidd,

Canadians for Aboriginal Rights

http://cfar.proboards104.com]

Kahentinetha Horn

MNN Mohawk Nation News

See Category: "Six Nations"

New MNN Books Available Now!

The books below, email us:

Mohawk Warriors Three - The Trial of Lasagna, Noriega, 20/20
$20.00 usd

The On-Going Confusion between The Great Law and The Handsome Lake
Code
$20.00 usd

The Agonizing Death of "Colonialism" and "Federal Indian Law" in
Kaianere'ko:wa/Great Law Territory

$20.00 usd

Who's Sorry Now? The good, the bad and the unapologetic Mohawks of
Kanehsatake

$20.00 usd

Rebuilding the Iroquois Confederacy
Karoniaktajeh
$10 usd

Warriors Hand Book
Karoniaktajeh
$10 usd

Mail checks and money orders to...

MNN
P.O. Box 991
Kahnawake, QC J0L 1B0

Purchase t-shirts, mugs and more at our CafePress Store

http://www.cafepress.com/mohawknews

Subscribe to MNN for breaking news updates

Sign Women Title Holders petition!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Iroquois

Link to MNN

Get the code and banners to link to Mohawk Nation News.

http://www.mohawknationnews.com/pg.php?page=promote.html

Your Support

Make a contribution to our newsgroup.

Secure your online transaction with PayPal®.

http://www.mohawknationnews.com/pg.php?page=donate.html

Nia:wen,

Kahentinetha Horn

Kahent...@yahoo.com

Speaking & Contemporary Native Issues Workshops

Katenies

Katen...@yahoo.com

Manager

Stay tuned!