Installation issues

1 view

weyandch

Aug 24, 2009, 5:17:14 AM8/24/09
to firesymfony
Heya everyone,

i've just installed the firefox plugin and downloaded the tarball from
symfony-projects. I've changed my web_debug_class in my factories.yml
accordingly to the how-to pages..

But the symfony-tabs are blank, i receive no error at all..

Firefox 3.0.13
Symfony 1.2.8
tried Firebug 1.3.3 and 1.4.x
I'm running on PHP 5.2.4 with json enabled..

Would be glad for any hint.. and yes, i symfony cc'd ;)

Greetings from germany
Chris

Videla Alvaro

Aug 24, 2009, 8:25:54 AM8/24/09
to fires...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you check in your HTML if you have at the end of the page a
javascript tag with a JSON object called: FireSymfonyDebugData? If
not, then the information is not arriving to the HTML page, and to
FireSymfony either.

I will recheck the install instructions also.

Regards,

Alvaro

Alvaro Videla

Aug 24, 2009, 10:54:11 PM8/24/09
to firesymfony
Inside factories.yml file you also need to uncoment the all: line
together with the loggin one, like this:

all:
logger:
class: sfAggregateLogger
param:
level: debug
loggers:
sf_web_debug:
class: sfWebDebugLogger
param:
level: debug
condition: %SF_WEB_DEBUG%
xdebug_logging: true
web_debug_class: fsWebDebugForSf12
sf_file_debug:
class: sfFileLogger
param:
level: debug
file: %SF_LOG_DIR%/%SF_APP%_%SF_ENVIRONMENT%.log

Please check that the yml indentation is ok, since I don't know how
your email client will display this message.

weyandch

Aug 25, 2009, 3:12:58 AM8/25/09
to firesymfony
Good morning,

just hit office and will check your instructions.
The yml indentation seems to be okay, the system requires the
fsWebDebugForSf12.class as expected.. showed some ugly errors as i
removed the plugin while testing.. ;)

greetings,
chris

weyandch

Aug 25, 2009, 3:33:25 AM8/25/09
to firesymfony
That's weird.. looks like the appended javascript code somehow fails
on some specific pages of our project.. without any further changes it
worked on the login mask, while the landing page didn't..

I'll try to track this down someday.. so it seems to be more an
inhouse-issue ;)

Thanks for your help!

-chris

Videla Alvaro

Aug 25, 2009, 4:58:36 AM8/25/09
to fires...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if you need more help,

Maybe there's a special scenario that's not covered by the plugin,

Thanks,

Alvaro

Alex K

Aug 25, 2009, 1:27:05 PM8/25/09
to firesymfony
Hello.

I am trying to do some performance optimizations on my Symfony
Facebook application and I am having issues getting Firesymfony to
work.

I am running Firefox 3.5.2 (mac), firebug 1.4.2, and symfony 1.2.7

When I look at the html, I do see the FireSymfonyDebugData object and
it has lots of data in it, but when I click on the symfony tab in
firebug, I see no data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Videla Alvaro

Aug 25, 2009, 9:30:45 PM8/25/09
to fires...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Maybe you can send me an email with a saved HTML page of your site
containing the FireSymfony debug data.

Of course remove any sensitive information, like password that may
have been logged, or substitute them as *****, etc.

In this way I can try to spot the bug from inside FireSymfony

Regards,

Alvaro

youx

Sep 8, 2009, 5:36:44 PM9/8/09
to firesymfony
Hi Chris,
I am having the same kind of problem with Symfony 1.0.18 and Firefox
3.0.3 (Debian)
My login page far simple works like a charm while other pages, having
more javascript and css inclusions fails to send data to firesymfony.
Looking the html shows the FireSymfonyDebugData js var.
Playing with my current layout and view, I removed all decoration
stuff with no more success.
Then removing the remaining empty <head> tag, firesymfony logging went
back.
Hope this will help in resolving this issue.
Regards,
Youx

Alexander Biryukov

Oct 25, 2009, 3:31:10 PM10/25/09
to firesymfony
Hi guys.

Today I have successfully installed your plugin. Thank you for
installation manual.
All works fine! And in my opinion plugin is more comfortable than web
debug toolbar in right top corner of the browser screen.
But I have one small question: How can I debug my SQL queries with
symfony 1.2.9?
Earlier I used symfony 1.1.x and debugged queries with the web debug
toolbar. But today I didn't found queries section in that toolbar :(
As results I found your plugin with thoughts that it will help me.

Thank you.

Videla Alvaro

Oct 25, 2009, 11:24:45 PM10/25/09
to fires...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Please check de configuration of databases.yml file.

Search for it in this blog post: http://www.symfony-project.org/blog/2009/09/09/firesymfony-installing-and-configuring-the-plugin

There's explained what you have to write there.

Regards,

Alvaro

Alexander Biryukov

Oct 26, 2009, 12:41:11 AM10/26/09
to firesymfony
Hi Videla,

I think that my databases.yml file is correct. Please check:
dev:
propel:
param:
classname: DebugPDO

all:
propel:
class: sfPropelDatabase
param:
classname: PropelPDO
dsn: mysql:dbname=prj_db;host=localhost
username: prj_user
password: prj_pass
encoding: utf8
persistent: true
pooling: true

I'm using dev environment. Dev environment params redefines params in
'all' section.
Can anybody see queries in firesymfony plugin or in web debug toolbar
with symfony 1.2.9?