How to disable icons/etc in the "Recent Comments" widget ?

syl...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 9:45:25 AM12/12/08
to firestats-users
Hello all,

How can I disable icons in the "Recent Comments" widget in the
sidebar ? I still want to see the country/browser/OS icons in the
normal post comments, but not in the sidebar.

I know there is no way to disable this from the settings but I could
go as fas as hacking the PHPs. I just don't know where.

I am using Firestats 1.6.0-RC3 on Wordpress 2.7.

Thanks,
Sylaan

Omry Yadan

Dec 14, 2008, 3:01:22 PM12/14/08
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
This is due to a change in WordPress.

before 2.7, the author url hook was not called for comments in the
widget, and now it is.

I need to take a closer look at the wordpress code to see if I can do
anything about it, and hopefully I`ll find some time to do it soon.

syl...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2008, 5:27:12 PM12/20/08
to firestats-users
That would be great. As it is now, the sidebar looks way too loaded
with all the colorful flags and icons, you can see what I mean at
http://www.nektulos.de.

If you know a quick hack to get rid of that, before an official
release, I would appreciate it. I don't mind making some temporary PHP
changes until a final fix.

Regards,
Stefan

Omry Yadan

Dec 21, 2008, 2:35:27 PM12/21/08
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Okay, it's fixed the 1.6 branch.

this is the changeset:

http://firestats.cc/changeset/2103

easiest way to apply this would be to just overwrite the two effected
files with those:

http://firestats.cc/export/2103/branches/firestats-1.6/firestats/firestats-wordpress.php

http://firestats.cc/export/2103/branches/firestats-1.6/firestats/php/utils.php

Syl