FireStats 1.3

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 5:49:35 AM7/13/07
to firestats-i18n
Hi All,

I am happy to announce that FireStats 1.3.0-beta will be released very
soon, probably during the weekend.

you can see what's new here:

http://firestats.cc/wiki/FireStats1.3_WhatsNew

I have created a new branch for it:

http://firestats.cc/browser/branches/firestats-1.3

please update your translations in the branch.

as always, if you encounter any problems I am here to help.

I am also very open to feedback about anything.

important note:

I didn't even install this version on my own blogs yet (although I did
some QA), so don't run it on your live site unless you want to be a beta
tester.

Omry.

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 7:40:50 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Omry,

i updated the german language file, but:

i got this error on the statistics page:

Search terms:
Database error: Unknown column 'c' in 'order clause'

SQL Query:
SELECT `site_id`,`referer`,MAX(SUBSTRING(timestamp,1,10))
`ts`,count(referer) `refcount` FROM `wp_firestats_hits`
h,`wp_firestats_useragents` ua,`wp_firestats_referers` r WHERE
h.referer_id = r.id AND h.useragent_id = ua.id AND `excluded_ip` = '0'
AND `excluded_by_user` = '0' AND `excluded_user` = '0' AND
`match_bots`='0' AND `site_id` = '1' AND referer != 'unknown' AND
`timestamp` >= SUBSTRING(FROM_UNIXTIME(1181734623),1,10) GROUP BY
referer ORDER BY `c` DESC,`referer_id` LIMIT 10

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 7:45:17 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
please update and try again.

you are using an old mysql which I didn't test with yet.

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 7:41:57 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks JP. I`ll take a look.

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 8:07:12 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
hi, this seems to work, but
now it shows:

* (2)
* (1)
* (1)
* (1)

is this correct?

regards, Johannes
http://blog.nedso.org/

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 8:15:52 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
obviously not.

please commit your translation and I`l put it at
http://hcoop.net/~omry/firestats-1.3/

that server newer mysql so all the functionality will be working correctly.

I will take a closer look at mysql 4.0 later today.

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 8:17:57 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
the translation should be online, since i set the first mail to you.

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 8:19:24 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
great.

so check it up at that server.

some of the new features does not appear on mysql 4.0.

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 8:22:37 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Although everything else should work fine. what you saw was probably a bug.

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 11:24:51 AM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Fixed, update and try again.

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 12:43:04 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

now it says "no data", what is correct, because there is no data.
thanks!

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 12:44:41 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
hnm, don't be so sure...

try to play with the time range for the search terms..

it should show you old search terms (from before the 1.3 upgrade), do
you think you are supposed to have any?

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 12:52:05 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
the problem is, there ar no stats so long, because of a fresh installation...
also its no life-installation, so there wont be any search terms!
but you could send me a few lines of your stats and i'll insert them
in my sql server.
(if this is not too complicated...)

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 1:17:02 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
No need, I already tested it here on 4.0.17.

I am sure it will get plenty of testing when I release the beta :).

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 1:20:07 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
ok!
btw, is it possible, that the internal searchterms (of wordpress) are
included to the statistics?

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 1:21:57 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Not in this version.

this is a completely different thing.

maybe after I add RSS and Downloaded files support I`ll have better
infrastructure to support something like this.

JP

Jul 13, 2007, 1:24:35 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the info, have a nice weekend!

regards, Johannes
http://blog.nedso.org/

Omry Yadan

Jul 13, 2007, 1:25:56 PM7/13/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
You too!

going to see transformers soon :).

joeco...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2007, 1:44:02 AM7/14/07
to firestats-i18n
Hi Guys,

This one will be lacking Danish translation. I'm afraid that I can't
do it before next month as I find myself in China at the moment. I
have limited access to the internet and only stopped by to let you
know.

Hope this is ok.

Peter

Omry Yadan

Jul 14, 2007, 4:46:00 AM7/14/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

its fine, don't worry :).

enjoy your stay at China :).

kosir

Jul 15, 2007, 4:16:58 PM7/15/07
to firestats-i18n
Will work on Slovene translations today or in the next few days.

Thanks for making FS even better.

On Jul 14, 10:46 am, Omry Yadan <o...@yadan.net> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> its fine, don't worry :).
>
> enjoy your stay at China :).

Markus Magnuson

Jul 17, 2007, 7:38:49 AM7/17/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
I am only getting one new string ("Orphaned hits"), is that correct?
--
Markus Magnuson
markus....@gmail.com

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a
few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Markus Magnuson

Jul 17, 2007, 7:50:14 AM7/17/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind my previous email, I figured it out. However, I've find a
typo in the English translation:

"Yes (Recommanded)"

Markus Magnuson

Jul 17, 2007, 8:00:32 AM7/17/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Another typo in the English translation:

"Cancled"

Omry Yadan

Jul 17, 2007, 2:47:38 PM7/17/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Markus.

fixed it. (whoever already translated, please update your translation).

Omry Yadan

Jul 17, 2007, 5:16:52 PM7/17/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, fixed.

brainbooster

Aug 16, 2007, 8:27:10 AM8/16/07
to firesta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

French Translation updated. Sorry for the late update but i was on
hollidays =)

\o/