firenodejs with jspcb

Karl

Nov 4, 2016, 11:13:20 PM11/4/16
to FirePick
I've been slowly integrating jspcb with firenodejs.
You can upload Gerber or Eagle BRD files and see the
PCB in the new PCB tab of firenodejs. It doesn't do
anything exciting yet, but firenodejs will now have access
to PCB structure and layout.

First steps, but heading in a happy direction...

firenodejs-pcb.png

Joshua Pritt

Nov 5, 2016, 7:03:58 AM11/5/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com

Very nice!  Good job, dude!  It's nice to see what it's thinking about the board to double check and verify.

Karl

Nov 5, 2016, 12:06:01 PM11/5/16
to FirePick
Thanks, Josh

I really like NodeJS modularity and jspcb was really easy to publish. Long term I would like to break out more pieces of firenodejs to work independently like jspcb.

Karl

Nov 18, 2016, 12:18:22 PM11/18/16
to FirePick
Got pad selection working...

Now working on Javascript cartesian kinematics module that includes support for bed leveling and y-axis skew

Might actually get Internet in my workshop next week so that I can start playing with the camera again...

Joshua Pritt

Nov 18, 2016, 12:29:21 PM11/18/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Very nice Karl!  I look forward to your updates - especially when they have videos!

Rich Obermeyer

Nov 18, 2016, 12:39:54 PM11/18/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Karl,  That is fantastic work.  And they said it could not be done!
--
Rich

Karl

Nov 18, 2016, 1:59:18 PM11/18/16
to FirePick
Thanks for the encouragement--it does lend wings to my plodding. :D

Douglas Pearless

Nov 24, 2016, 4:28:32 AM11/24/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team

I have the basic Z-Probe working:

Cheers
Douglas

Karl

Nov 25, 2016, 3:00:35 PM11/25/16
to FirePick
Douglas, would you post a longer video with a closeup of the physical z-probe, please?

Thanks!

Douglas Pearless

Nov 25, 2016, 3:20:31 PM11/25/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Yes, 4 seconds is too short!

Will do this over the weekend.

Douglas Pearless

Nov 26, 2016, 8:46:42 PM11/26/16
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Done https://youtu.be/1ysmn471cEM Note I am still using the inductive probe, but you can see my special per-axis probes as blue plastic with a red PCB mounted downwards.

I have some issues with homing, Z-Probing and speed to sort out the Smoothie2 will reliably move and I can begin work on the special Rotary Delta calibration routines :-) )or more Smoothie2 porting ! )

Cheers
Douglas

Karl

Nov 27, 2016, 9:19:35 AM11/27/16
to FirePick
Thanks, Douglas!

That was much more informative. Glad the G30 inductive probes work for you. I'll have to add those to my arsenal of considerations.