FirePath tab not appearing in Firebug

rashm...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2013, 2:31:19 AM10/29/13
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am facing this issue in FF ver. 24.0. I installed firebug version - 1.12.4  and installed the FirePath version 0.9.7. I am unable to see the FirePath tab in the Firebug panel when pressed F12. PFA the screen shot - 'FirePathPanel.JPG'. I tried to install Firebug version 1.11.4 and found the same issue. Could anyone let me know on how to enable this tab?

Thanks & Regards,
Rashmi
FirePathPanel.jpg

Pierre Tholence

Oct 30, 2013, 7:48:14 AM10/30/13
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashmi,

I'm currently using FF 24, Firebug 1.12.4 and Firepath 0.9.7 is working fine for me.
This issue could be caused by another add-on. I would suggest you to install the latest version of Firebug and Firepath then disable all your add-ons but Firebug and Firepath. Then restart Firefox and see if this work.
If it does then you can enable your other add-ons one at a time restarting Firefox every time you enable one and checking that Firepath is still working. If after enabling an add-on Firepath is not showing up anymore then you found the add-on causing the problem.

I hope this helps,
Regards,
Pierre

Mark Boomer

Jan 25, 2017, 8:01:11 AM1/25/17
to FirePath
I am having a similar problem with FireFox 51 and the latest version of FirePath.

I only have FireBug and FirePath installed as addons

This was working with FF 33 but I had to upgrade  and now I cannot use the XPATH feature

Mark

Pierre Tholence

Jan 25, 2017, 6:03:31 PM1/25/17
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I tested in Firefox 51(latest) and it works fine for me.
One thing that could be causing the issue is that your Firefox may have switched to "Multi-process" mode Which Firebug and FirePath are not compatible with.
You can check if Firefox is in "Multi-process" mode by looking at the Firefox Options. At the top of the General section there should be a "Enable multi-process Firefox" checkbox. If it is checked and you uncheck it, it might fix the issue.

If the check box does not exist you can also navigate to about:support look for "Multiprocess Windows". If it shows as enabled you should have a look at this post for ideas on how to disable it: http://superuser.com/questions/1029400/how-to-enable-electrolysis-e10s-on-mozilla-firefox-beta

Let me know if this fix the issue.

Regards,
Pierre

sonal baghel

Feb 2, 2017, 2:48:29 AM2/2/17
to FirePath
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firepath+u...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Pierre,
I  am also facing the same issue
i tried disabling multi process firefox   but every where finding solution for how to enable it not how to disable it can you
please help me out how to disable it
Thanks

sonal baghel

Feb 2, 2017, 3:00:40 AM2/2/17
to FirePath
Hi Pierre,
Again i tried to do it
i used browser.tabs.remote.force-enable  and set it to true
that worked for me  now i can able to see old firebug and fire path

Thanks
Shonal

Patil

Feb 4, 2017, 1:38:31 PM2/4/17
to FirePath
Hi I am using firefox Version 51.0.1 and faced the similar issue.
The property which I used to get back  the Firepath and Firefinder under firebug is =

browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 = false

Steps:

1 Open firefox
2.Type about:config  in the  explorer
3.click on the I uderstand button
4. Now in the search box enter the above property
5.Set the value as false ( use need to click the property to toggle the values)
6.close the firefox and open again
7.Launch firebug ...Now you should see your fire path and firefinder back

Please refer the attachment for details

Thanks,
PATIL.
firepath.png

Larry St Aubin

Feb 7, 2017, 9:24:34 AM2/7/17
to FirePath
Thanks Patil - it is a blessing when someone provides a step by step solution. Very much appreciated

Manikandaprabu P

Feb 13, 2017, 4:50:13 AM2/13/17
to FirePath
This works well. Thanks Patil

Nikhil Upadhyay

Feb 14, 2017, 8:45:18 AM2/14/17
to FirePath
it worked for me thanks man !

Rosy Jd

Feb 22, 2017, 5:55:51 AM2/22/17
to FirePath
Thank you :)
It worked for me

Bably

Feb 27, 2017, 7:57:53 PM2/27/17
to FirePath

Hi Patil

Thank you so much .  I am curious how did it work

m...@post-quantum.com

Mar 1, 2017, 6:59:38 AM3/1/17
to FirePath
Thanks much! this worked for me as well, only additional step was that I also had to reinstall the addons and it worked immediately afterwards.

madhur...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 3:14:23 PM3/8/17
to FirePath
Hi Patil et al,

For some reasons I cannot get this to work - I followed the suggestions on the thread. Please check the attachment. Appreciate any insights

Thanks

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 1:38:31 PM UTC-5, Patil wrote:
firePath.png

Sudhanva Patil

Mar 8, 2017, 11:49:13 PM3/8/17
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi can you , please try uninstalling and  installing the firepath now, post changing the properties once...Let me know if it still doesn't work....

naikke...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:03:35 AM3/9/17
to FirePath
Hi All,

I need help with firepath!

I have tried using steps suggested by Patil (browser.tabs.remote.autostart.
2 = false),but still not working for me.

I have FF 52.0 , urgent help is appreciable, I have tried uninstalling many times, still no luck :(

Thanks,
Ketaki
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to firepath+u...@googlegroups.com.

Abhay P

Mar 19, 2017, 1:18:02 AM3/19/17
to FirePath
Worked for me... Thanks a lot

Thanks
Abhay

Prerit Chandra

Apr 22, 2017, 6:13:40 AM4/22/17
to FirePath
Install this add on and you will be fine:-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firepath/

RAVI KUMAR Tolety

Aug 16, 2017, 5:46:36 PM8/16/17
to FirePath
Hi Chandra

Wow!! It worked for me for the firefox version 54.0.1 (32-bit). Thanks and Kudos!!!!
Regards
Ravi

Aparna Limbhore

Oct 24, 2017, 6:38:27 AM10/24/17
to FirePath

I  am not able to see browser.tabs.remote.force-enable in my FF about:config and for me FF was inspecting firepath but now I am not able to inspect and not able to set browser.tabs.remote.force-enable false as it is missing in my FF setting.PFA for the same. May be it is issue because I have done some changes from toolbox options for setting purpose but m not able to recall this.can you please suggest solution in this case
FF_issue.docx

Sudhanva Patil

Oct 24, 2017, 11:56:51 AM10/24/17
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi, looks like in the latest version of Firefox,  firebug and other add ons are not supported....
What is your Firefox version...

You have to manage with developer tools ( f 12 )

Thanks,
Patil.

On Oct 24, 2017 16:08, "Aparna Limbhore" <aparnalim...@gmail.com> wrote:

I  am not able to see browser.tabs.remote.force-enable in my FF about:config and for me FF was inspecting firepath but now I am not able to inspect and not able to set browser.tabs.remote.force-enable false as it is missing in my FF setting.PFA for the same. May be it is issue because I have done some changes from toolbox options for setting purpose but m not able to recall this.can you please suggest solution in this case

yogesh khaladkar

Mar 2, 2018, 1:25:59 AM3/2/18
to FirePath
Hi Patil,

Thanks for help.

Can you please help me for firefox 53.0
Still I am not able to work with firepath on 53.0

Shivam Asawa

Mar 21, 2018, 12:53:35 PM3/21/18
to FirePath
Thanks Patil