FirePath does not locate Xpaths starting with UpperCase letters

Shalini

Mar 29, 2011, 7:47:05 PM3/29/11
to FirePath
Hi ,

I started using Firepath to validate xpaths. I realized that FirePath
is not able to validate xpaths that start with an upper case letter
for instance //div[contains(text(), "Foo.Bar")] . However if I do
search for an xpath that start with a lower case , I see matching
nodes.
Has anyone else encountered this ?

Thanks,
Shalini

Pierre Tholence

Mar 30, 2011, 4:42:10 AM3/30/11
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shalini,

This is a bug. If you replace the double quotes(") with a simple quote(') it should work.
//div[contains(text(), 'Foo.Bar')]

Regards,
Pierre

Shalini Sasidharan

Mar 30, 2011, 6:58:05 PM3/30/11
to fire...@googlegroups.com, Pierre Tholence
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the workaround. i have created an issue for this on the wiki, issue #24.

Thanks,
Shalini