How to install the firepath in google-chrome

anurag

Mar 7, 2012, 6:30:47 AM3/7/12
to FirePath

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to develop the firepath extension for chrome?
Or if there's a firepath work-around to install firepath as chrome
extension in chrome?

Regards,
Anurag Satish.P

Mason Foley

Mar 7, 2012, 9:28:12 AM3/7/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
Just use the Developer Tools in Google Chrome (it's built in):  http://screencast.com/t/iFwMcDgFavPh

anurag

Mar 8, 2012, 1:05:00 AM3/8/12
to FirePath
But I need to find xpath of an element like how firepath does in
firefox.

Regards,
Anurag

Mason Foley

Mar 8, 2012, 10:04:44 AM3/8/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
My experience has been to generate/compose your own xPath since containers can change on you frequently.

In my opinion, //span[text()='Station Select'']

Is a lot easier to manage than, /html/body/center[2]/div/div[2]/div[4]/div/div[2]/div[2]/div[4]/a/span

However, there is a tool that works similarly to what you are describing although it's awkward to use and a little buggy:

yan long

Aug 17, 2012, 3:41:08 AM8/17/12
to fire...@googlegroups.com
F12 is good.But show the xpath is not as simple as firefox

在 2012年3月7日星期三UTC+8下午10时28分12秒,TraumaHound写道:

David Luu

May 2, 2013, 5:42:46 PM5/2/13
to fire...@googlegroups.com
One might find this post helpful regarding FirePath workaround for other browsers besides Firefox:

Sanjay Kumar

May 5, 2017, 2:15:49 PM5/5/17
to FirePath
Here is the ChroPath extension for Chrome which have many advanced features compare to FirePath-
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chropath/ljngjbnaijcbncmcnjfhigebomdlkcjo

Sanjay Kumar

May 5, 2017, 2:15:59 PM5/5/17