Scaling Firehose.io

Fernando A

May 3, 2012, 2:48:34 PM5/3/12
to fireh...@googlegroups.com

I was at the Railsconf talk in Austin. I know you can scale RabbitMQ but was wondering how that would work with Firehose.io and the front end Thin web server.

Basically I'm asking is if you can cluster with Firehose.io

Brad Gessler

May 3, 2012, 3:05:09 PM5/3/12
to fireh...@googlegroups.com
Yep, the goal is that you end up with something that looks like:

  [ Public Internet ] => [ HAProxy ] => [ Thin Cluster ] => [ RabbitMQ ]

You could use something like Foreman to manage booting the thin cluster:

# Procfile
firehose: bundle exec firehose -p $PORT

Longer term, I'd like to get rid of these moving parts so that the picture looks more like:

  [ Public Internet ] => [ Firehose.io Server ]

Brad