[POW] Interact with Python (or PHP CLI) via sockets

marco_63

May 10, 2010, 8:51:56 AM5/10/10
to FireFox POW - Users Group
I recently discovered POW. I think that is a unique idea for building
RIAs, much better than expensive framework. Also, POW is portable and
multi-platform. I would ask if it is possible to imagine a
communication (perhaps via socket) between POW and programming
languages such as Python or PHP. If the browser, through POW, was
able to call Python objects like Tkinter grafical user interfaces, or
to call PHP-GTK, we would have an environment similar to a real
operating system. With Python or PHP it would be possible to program
an incredible variety of browser-based applications can interact with
the Web, databases, XML files, file system, GUI, OS etc.. It could be
a totally portable environment with PortableFirefox, PortablePython,
PHP CLI.

Jim

May 10, 2010, 7:44:12 PM5/10/10
to firef...@googlegroups.com, marco_63