Source Code Documentation, Build Instructions, and Deployment.

Francois Laberge

Oct 25, 2010, 2:54:36 AM10/25/10
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Is there any documentation on the Source Code and how to build it? I couldn't find any.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM, BD <bdgg9...@donnelly-house.net> wrote:
Both. It depends on how you specify what version of Firefox your add-on works with. And they do change the format requirements and specifications sometimes. I messed with add-ons in earlier versions and they quit working and I let them go because I didn't want to mess with learning the new specs and such. It's a lot of work to learn and know the ins and outs of how all that stuff works and keep up on it. But your mileage may vary. Good luck. (maybe it won't change much and/or for awhile now, but I wouldn't count on it)

On 10/22/2010 11:41 PM, Francois Laberge wrote:
hi,

POW is by far the only plugin that I have come across for Firefox,
Chrome, Safari, or IE that seems like a good fit for what I'm looking
for.

I'd like to build on top of it, but I have one concern, maybe David
you can help me with this. I'm trying to build a mainstream consumable
plugin, I want users to have no hassles except to download the plugin
and then it's functionality is available. What worries me come from a
lack of understanding, why do plugins become unsupported by later
releases of Firefox? Is this just that you have to explicitly update
your plugin to say it supports the latest releases, or is that Firefox
changes enough to make plugins stop working?

Thanks in advance,
Francois

Phone:
Website:
Social Media:

Address:
201 Conner Drive - Apt. 4
Chapel Hill, NC
27514

BD

Oct 25, 2010, 3:13:54 PM10/25/10
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's somewhere on the mozilla website. You can also check the mozillazine.com forums.

Dave

Nov 4, 2010, 1:31:21 AM11/4/10
to FireFox POW - Users Group
Go to http://davidkellogg.com/pub/pow.xpi using curl or a non-moz
browser. xpi is a zip file. Just unzip it. Then unzip any jar files in
there. To build, do the reverse. Zip and zip. Then double click or
drag your new xpi file into FF.

Dave