Suggest increasing the severity of performance-impacting bugs

Suhaib Mujahid

Nov 29, 2022, 7:07:30 AM11/29/22
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio, Dave Hunt, Patricia Lawless

Hello,

A bug with a high performance impact could reasonably cause users to switch browsers, and therefore should usually be considered S2 in severity [1]. That said, some bugs with a high performance impact could still have their severity set to low (i.e., S3 or S4). To avoid inconsistencies and highlight important performance bugs, we implemented a new feature for autonag to notify about such bugs. With this, the bot will add a needinfo request on the assignee (or the triage owner if not assigned) to suggest increasing the severity or requesting reassessment from the performance team.

We plan to enable the feature on Monday, December 5th, 2022. You could peek at examples of bugs that will be affected by checking the dry-run results.

Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you,

Suhaib, on behalf of the CI and Quality Tools team.