With Firefox 95 in Release Candidate phase this week, we are nearing the end of the Nightly 96 cycle.
order to avoid invalidating the testing we get out of late Nightly
to ensure that we can roll out Beta 96 to a wider audience with
confidence this week, we'd like to ask that any risky changes be avoided
from Thursday, December 2nd until after the version bump to 97 on December 6th.
please be advised that string freeze
for Firefox 96 begins Friday, December 3rd. In order to ensure that our localizers have adequate time to
translate strings, please make sure that all string changes have landed
by EOD Friday.
Some reminders for the soft code freeze
- Be ready to back out patches that cause crash spikes, new crashes, severe regressions
- Monitor new regressions and escalate merge blockers
- Support release management by prioritizing fixing of merge blockers
- Land a risky patch or a large patch
Land new features (that affect the current Nightly
version) — be
mindful that code
behind NIGHTLY_BUILD or RELEASE_OR_BETA ifdefs can
lead to unexpected CI results
- Flip prefs that enable new Features that were untested in the Nightly
- Plan to kick off new experiments that might impact a feature's merge readiness
Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to