Version 1.2 of Firefinder released

Robert Nyman

Jan 15, 2012, 9:55:40 PM1/15/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Version 1.2 of Firefinder is now released, with support for the latest Firefox and Firebug versions:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefinder-for-firebug/

Best regards,
Robert

bojan

Jan 16, 2012, 6:03:07 AM1/16/12
to Firefinder
Unfortunately - does not work, nothing happens when you press Enter,
or click on Find.
Windows 7, Firefox 9.0.1, Firebug 1.9.0, Firefinder 1.2
Best regards,
Bojan

bojan

Jan 16, 2012, 5:52:09 PM1/16/12
to Firefinder
Works on iMac Lion though.

Robert Nyman

Jan 18, 2012, 3:47:46 AM1/18/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.
Please try and uninstall the extension and then reinstall it from addons.mozilla.org to see if it works.

Best regards,
Robert

bojan

Jan 19, 2012, 8:31:54 AM1/19/12
to Firefinder
Did that, unfortunately reinstalling the add-on didn't fix the issue.
Cheers,
Bojan

Robert Nyman

Jan 19, 2012, 8:48:34 AM1/19/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Ok.
Unfortunately I can't test it here, but since it uses the same code and variables, perhaps it's something that could be related to Firebug on that platform?

If you check the error console in the Firefox and Firebug, can you please let me know if you get an error?
You might need to add/change this in about:config (address) in your web browser.

Best regards,
Robert

bojan

Jan 20, 2012, 4:07:10 AM1/20/12
to Firefinder
Ah yes.
When using Firefind Element (right-click context menu), this error
comes up in the Error Console:
Error: context is undefined
Source File: chrome://firefinder/content/firebug.js
Line: 176

When using the dialog and clicking Filter button:
Error: content is null
Source File: chrome://firefinder/content/firebug.js
Line: 186

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Bojan

Robert Nyman

Jan 20, 2012, 8:32:58 AM1/20/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ah, thanks, great feedback!
Context menu has been fixed, and I'm guessing (hoping) that the filter problem was a reaction to that.

I've submitted a new version to addons.mozilla,org and it should be out soon.

Best regards,
Robert