filter results not visible when Firebug is running in separate window

reesd

Feb 17, 2011, 12:16:07 PM2/17/11
to firef...@googlegroups.com
It seems that the Firefinder results are not visible when Firebug is running in separate window. To reproduce:

Start Firebug (F12) and search for elements using Firefinder. Results are show. See first attachment.

Detach Firebug (Ctrl-F12) and search again. Results are NOT shown, but matching elements count is. See second attachment.

Reattach Firebug (Ctrl-F12) and search again. Results are shown again.

Firefinder 1.01
Firebug 1.7a11
Firefox 3.6.13

Thanks,
dave

Robert Nyman

Feb 18, 2011, 3:51:17 AM2/18/11
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, I can reproduce it here too.
Currently I'm not doing any development on Firefinder due to other obligations, but it's really something I should look into if/when I do something again.

Or might you be interested in helping out?

Best regards,
Robert

David Rees

Feb 18, 2011, 9:13:18 AM2/18/11
to firef...@googlegroups.com

I really don’t know anything about XUL which is probably where it’s happening. If I come across it happening while I happen to have my firefox extension environment up I will certainly at least take a glance at it to see if it’s something obvious. Any tricks about how that part works, or should the code be enough?

Robert Nyman

Feb 18, 2011, 9:16:02 AM2/18/11
to firef...@googlegroups.com
The code should be enough, but I'm guessing that it could be related to how the interatcion together with Firebug works.
All the code is in the extension, and could also be seen at https://github.com/robnyman/firefinder

Best regards,
Robert

Samuel Caillerie

Nov 13, 2012, 2:34:20 PM11/13/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
I am not using the same version (Firefinder 1.2.5) but I have nearly the same problem : in detached mode, filter does not run any longer (even the elements count)!

After debugging, my own problem comes from the content variable (which seems to come from Firebug) is null when Firebug is in detached mode. In order to solve my problem, I have just replaced this variable with Firebug.currentContext.window (window refers to the XUL window which contains Firefinder and Firebug.currentContext.window to the visited page).

I have send a pull request on the firefinder github repo with my correction.

Best regards,

Samuel