Firefinder 1.2.2 + Firebug 1.10.3 on Windows sometimes stops working

scaillerie

Sep 5, 2012, 5:40:48 AM9/5/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
  Hello,

  As mentioned in the object field, I am using Firefinder 1.2.2 + Firebug 1.10.3 for Firefox 15 on Windows 7 and sometimes it stops working.

  Generally when I open a new tab, everything is OK, but if I have firebug open and I reload this tab or go to a new url, firefinder no longer works (in fact, if I click on Filter nothing happens).

  Unfortunately, there is no error message in firebug console and no other relevant information in order to help you...

  Could you please have a look?

  Thanks!

Samuel

PS: by the way, very useful extension!!!

Robert Nyman

Sep 5, 2012, 5:45:07 AM9/5/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks, glad you like the extension!
Unfortunately, I haven't worked on the extension for years now, and currently don't have the opportunity to do so. If you find the error and let me know, I might be able to fix and update it.

If you are interested, feel free to take the source code at https://github.com/robnyman/firefinder and try it out.

If you haven't developed a Firefox extension before, maybe this helps out: http://robertnyman.com/2009/01/24/how-to-develop-a-firefox-extension/

Thanks, and good luck!

Best regards,
Robert

Jan Odvarko

Sep 5, 2012, 6:05:29 AM9/5/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com

Samuel, you can also check this tutorial about how to write Firebug extensions

http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/extending-firebug/

Honza

Samuel Caillerie

Sep 5, 2012, 12:18:15 PM9/5/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
  Thanks for both links, they have been useful!

  I have thus had a quick look to the code and found that the problem arise at the state when clear event is submitted after a page refresh or a page change in the same tab.

  I have patched the code int the method getFirefinderState :

            getFirefinderState = function () {
                var tabIndex = getTabIndex(),
                    state = statesFirefinder[tabIndex];

//Begin Replacement 20120905
//                if (!state) {
//                    state = statesFirefinder[getTabIndex()] = {
                if (!state || !state[tabIndex]) {
                    state = statesFirefinder[tabIndex] = {
                        matchingElements : []
//End Replacement 20120905
                    };
                }
                return state;
            };

  That's just a quick patch, if you could have a look on this it could be great!

  I have also localized this extension in fr-FR.

  Best regards,

Samuel
firebug.js
firefinder.dtd
firefinder.properties
firefinder@robertnyman.com.xpi

Robert Nyman

Sep 6, 2012, 6:29:04 AM9/6/12
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'll send you a version to test off the list.

Best regards,
Robert

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/firefinder/-/i-O8fFKBVVUJ.