Firefinder sometimes locks up

chamberlain.anthony

Feb 12, 2014, 8:20:21 AM2/12/14
to firef...@googlegroups.com
I am having this problem all the time.  I am using firebug/finder to inspect and test out xpaths.  For a while, when I put a valid xpath into firefinder (and click Filter) it shows the location in the window.  But after a while when I type a valid xpath and click Filter, nothing happens.  I close it and start it again but still it is stuck.  If I reboot the machine and then do it, the html will show again in the window.  I am wondering if it is some sort of Javascript error?  Is anyone else having this problem?  What do you do?

Firefox version: 25.0 (please do not tell me to update firefox because new version is incompatible with our selenium).
Firebug: 1.12.6
Op Sys: Windows 7 (yes I would prefer Linux, but ...)

Tony

p.s. //* or .//* should always show something in a non-blank html file.

Robert Nyman

Feb 12, 2014, 8:22:43 AM2/12/14
to firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I haven't experienced that myself, and I'm not sure what it would be due to. Wonder if it could be related to how long Firebug has been open, and if it's worth closing it or Firefox on a regular basis, and see if there's any difference.

- Robert

Tony Chamberlain

Feb 12, 2014, 8:26:57 AM2/12/14
to firef...@googlegroups.com
I can try that.  I have a similar problem with Selenium IDE when I try to use its xpath locator but in that case, everything locks up and I have to use task manager to kill the windows.  With Firefinder it just does not display.

Tony Chamberlain

Feb 12, 2014, 10:35:18 AM2/12/14
to firef...@googlegroups.com
It's like I'm Murphy.  If anything can go wrong it will happen to me, but never to anyone else ;-)