Firebug icon gone from the toolbar when inactive only

Yves

Nov 20, 2012, 2:40:14 PM11/20/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
As of today (Firebug 1.10.6, not sure when it updates itself), the Firebug icon is entirely gone from the toolbar when Firebug is inactive. It leaves an empty space. The context menu is still present when clicking in that empty space. It's as if the Firebug icon was completely transparent, including the arrow and what's on it. The icon comes back normally when I press F12 to activate Firebug. And it goes again when deactivating Firebug. Removing and re-adding the icon from the toolbar doesn't help. Neither does moving it to a different position.

Latest stable Firefox 16.0.2 on Windows 7 x64.

Yves

Nov 20, 2012, 3:13:34 PM11/20/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Minor update: Also happens with the newer latest stable Firefox 17.0 that was installed in this moment.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 20, 2012, 3:23:58 PM11/20/12
to Firebug
Could you try to create a new Firefox profile and install only Firebug
into it?
Does it help?

https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Honza

Yves Goergen

Nov 20, 2012, 4:28:53 PM11/20/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have just installed Firefox and Firebug on a clean Windows XP computer, that's the closest I could get right now, and there it works of course. It's in my current environment where it fails. Can we debug the issue somehow without deleting everything and starting on a green ground? Problems never happen there.

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 21, 2012, 1:17:07 AM11/21/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
This happens because we're using an SVG filter to make the Firebug icon gray. The problem doesn't lie in Firebug but in how your browser handles SVG files. See issue 5746 how to fix that.

Sebastian

Yves Goergen

Nov 21, 2012, 4:44:27 PM11/21/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Okay, deleting the file mimeTypes.rdf has resolved this issue. Although I'm not sure about whether my list of file types is still healthy because it's quite empty now. Only Adobe PDF entries and a few protocols are left. Not that I would need them.

See me comment in the bug that you linked.