firebug....is a bug?

Giuseppe Brancaccio

Oct 6, 2017, 6:07:23 AM10/6/17
to Firebug
Hi great support.
Why firebug don't work good on my 57.0 version?

Michael

Oct 6, 2017, 9:11:23 AM10/6/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-10-05, at 2:01 PM, Giuseppe Brancaccio <trex...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi great support.
Why firebug don't work good on my 57.0 version?

Firebug will not work if e10s is enabled, at all.
Firebug will stop working completely real soon now.
If you want to continue using Firebug at all, you need to use 54 ESR
If you see "Inspect Element" instead of "Inspect element with firebug", you are using Firefox Developer Tools, which is a different program that recently got a skin update to look more like firebug.

I believe this is an accurate summary; if I got anything wrong, please correct me.

---
Entertaining minecraft videos

Michael

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 20, 2017, 6:56:00 AM10/20/17
to Firebug
Just to be clear, the development and maintainence of Firebug stopped several years ago. Mozilla introduced a new architecture for extensions called WebExtensions, which will be the only supported extension system once Firefox 57 is released. That means, Firebug as well as all other extensions based on legacy APIs will stop working.

Firebug users are advised to start working with the Firefox DevTools instead.

Sebastian