Is there a firebug for android firefox brower?

Roy Huang

Feb 22, 2012, 1:52:59 AM2/22/12
to Firebug
Is there a firebug for android firefox brower? Thanks.

Sebo

Feb 22, 2012, 3:16:39 PM2/22/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I don't have an android device, but if the normal Firebug doesn't install on them, you might want to try Firebug Lite.

Sebastian

Mike Collins

Feb 22, 2012, 3:47:42 PM2/22/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I played around with installing Firebug on android a few months back, but at the time the javascript debugging (JSD) was not enabled for android, which causes many features of Firebug not to work correctly. So I think your best bet is to try Firebug Lite, as Sebastian suggested.

Mike

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Sebo <sebastia...@gmx.de> wrote:
I don't have an android device, but if the normal Firebug doesn't install on them, you might want to try Firebug Lite.

Sebastian

alfonsoml

Feb 22, 2012, 4:42:43 PM2/22/12
to Firebug
Installing Firebug "as is" in Android wouldn't make sense to me.

Instead it should be based on remote debugging as it's available for
Opera Mobile with DragonFly, that's really awesome and useful: on the
desktop there's the debugging with all the expected panes: html, css,
script debugger, console, etc.. and on the phone you get the normal
tiny screen browser and they are both connected through TCP. All the
power of the desktop with a big screen, mouse and keyboard but working
on the mobile browser.

Chrome for Android has a similar feature, but I think that it requires
you to use a cable as well as install the ADB drivers or something
like that.

On 22 feb, 21:47, Mike Collins <collins.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I played around with installing Firebug on android a few months back, but
> at the time the javascript debugging (JSD) was not enabled for android,
> which causes many features of Firebug not to work correctly. So I think
> your best bet is to try Firebug Lite, as Sebastian suggested.
>
> Mike
>

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Sebo <sebastianzart...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I don't have an android device, but if the normal Firebug<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/>doesn't install on them, you might want to try Firebug
> > Lite <http://getfirebug.com/firebuglite>.

Sebo

Feb 22, 2012, 5:11:46 PM2/22/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Instead it should be based on remote debugging
Exactly that is what Crossfire was made for. Though my last info is that it's still in a pretty early development state.

Sebastian