Firebug 2+ Add-on Doesn't Show Error Info

Meengla Yip

May 11, 2017, 2:45:13 AM5/11/17
to Firebug
Hi,
Please see this cross post at Stack Overflow--no one is responding there:

I thought I should get better response here and so posting here?

One of the major reasons for using Firefox was the FireBug and if that's not going to work then I will sadly have to move elsewhere as browser.

Thanks!

Sebastian Zartner

May 11, 2017, 6:23:51 AM5/11/17
to Firebug
I have already answered on your Stack Overflow question yesterday. Please see my answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/43903504/432681

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

May 11, 2017, 6:30:48 AM5/11/17
to Firebug
I've also noted in a comment there that what you're seeing are the Firefox DevTools, not Firebug. Firebug is officially discontinued.

Sebastian

黄飞鸿

May 14, 2017, 10:05:22 AM5/14/17
to Firebug
Firebug was the best web developer tool. I am 20% less efficient now. The built-in Firefox web developer tools sucks. I hope somebody builds another web developer tool similar to the classic Firebug.

Erik Krause

May 14, 2017, 1:28:40 PM5/14/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.05.2017 um 16:05 schrieb 黄飞鸿:
> Firebug was the best web developer tool. I am 20% less efficient now.

Did you read
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Migrating_from_Firebug

> The
> built-in Firefox web developer tools sucks. I hope somebody builds another
> web developer tool similar to the classic Firebug.

That won't likely happen, since there wasn't even enough manpower to
migrate firebug to multi process firefox.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Sebastian Zartner

May 14, 2017, 6:18:08 PM5/14/17
to Firebug
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:28:40 PM UTC+2, Erik Krause wrote:
> The
> built-in Firefox web developer tools sucks. I hope somebody builds another
> web developer tool similar to the classic Firebug.

That won't likely happen, since there wasn't even enough manpower to
migrate firebug to multi process firefox.

Another reason is that starting from Firefox 57 only WebExtensions will be supported, which run in all main browsers and are safer than current Firefox extensions, though also restrict very much what extensions can do. So, if somebody were willing to create an add-on similar to Firebug, it would have less features.

Sebastian