This WebPage wants to run 'Web Plugin' which isn't compatible with Internet Explorer's enhanced security features. If you trust this site, you can disable Enhanced Protected Mode for this site and allow the control to run.

GOPI NATH

Nov 20, 2017, 2:26:34 AM11/20/17
to firebreath-dev
Hi All,

Below Issue is observed in IE11:

""This WebPage wants to run 'Web Plugin' which isn't compatible with Internet Explorer's enhanced security features.
If you trust this site, you can disable Enhanced Protected Mode for this site and allow the control to run.""

When we enable Enhanced Protected Mode in IE11 and when we launch our web page , we are observing above Security Error in IE11. Attached Image[security_issue_my_plugin.png]

When we tried launching the GradeCam WebPage[https://downloads.gradecam.com/] to check  we experience the same Issue. Attached Image[security_issue_gradecam.png]

We don't want to disable this Enhanced Protected Mode Security Feature in IE11.

What we have to do to make it work?

Thanks & Regards,
Gopinath
security_issue_my_plugin.png
security_issue_gradecam.png

Richard Bateman

Nov 20, 2017, 11:42:40 AM11/20/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
I have no idea on this one :-/ It'll take some research that I haven't had time to do.

--

---

GOPI NATH

Nov 22, 2017, 1:50:13 AM11/22/17
to firebreath-dev
Hi Richard,

We referred the below MSDN blog and it says when Add-on is registered with AppContainer compatible flag it will be loaded in IE ,

Browser Helper Objects (BHO) or toolbars load when the browser starts. With AppContainer is turned on, IE11 checks the add-on registration for an AppContainer compatible flag. If it's present, the BHO or toolbar loads and runs. If it isn't present, the BHO or toolbar is blocked, and the user is notified of the EPM incompatibility. When a webpage loads an ActiveX control, the CLSID registration for the control is checked for an AppContainer compatible flag. If the flag isn't present, the user is notified that the control isn't compatible. If the user trusts the site, they can click a button to turn off EPM for the current site.

How to enable Addon with AppContainer Flag Enabled in Firebreath project.
We followed the Steps provided in the Topic[Issues With Internet Explorer Enhanced Protected Mode] in below firebreath website and we tried to register the Plugin but still not loading in IE , Can you please elaborately explain the steps mentioned here and it will be really useful.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopinath R
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firebreath-de...@googlegroups.com.

Richard Bateman

Nov 22, 2017, 10:54:04 AM11/22/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
Hi Gopinath,

This is not currently a priority for any of my users, so it's unlikely I'll have time to figure out in detail how to do that.  I'd be happy to help you figure it out, but you're going to have to do a bit more legwork.

If you can summarize exactly what changes you're trying to make I will try to help you figure out how to make them, and then you could update that page yourself.

Richard