Help with Win8

Kuldeep Desai

Jan 25, 2017, 2:34:12 AM1/25/17
to firebreath-dev
Hi,
I am new to firebreath development and am using the older version as my browser audience is only IE. I have a DirectShow player rendering thru FireBreath plugin. I wanted to understand if and how can I leverage html5 api for PageVisibility(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh673553%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396), the aim is to pause video automatically if the page loose focus and should start playing automatically once the page regains focus. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Richard Bateman

Jan 25, 2017, 10:18:28 AM1/25/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
While it might be possible to tie in directly from FireBreath, by far
the simplest would be to just use javascript to tie into that API and
notify the plugin when it should stop / play again.

Richard
> --
>
> ---

Kuldeep Desai

Jan 26, 2017, 4:57:01 AM1/26/17
to firebreath-dev
Thanks Richard, but I do not have control over the page(s) the plugin will be used. If there is someway to know this from within the FB that would be very helpful.

Kuldeep Desai

Jan 27, 2017, 6:02:10 AM1/27/17
to firebreath-dev
In other words, is it possible to know if the browser tab containing the plugin is top-most window and active/focused or not. I need active/focus because the screen-saver still keeps window as top most. Any help you can extend will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Richard Bateman

Jan 27, 2017, 1:27:16 PM1/27/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
You can try making calls out to the browser to request this
information; the plugin interface itself (from the browser) does not
provide this. You'd have to play with it.

Richard