Firebreath 2.0 - state ?

jazzalex

May 8, 2017, 4:52:10 PM5/8/17
to firebreath-dev
Hello all,

I had been actively developing with Firebreath 1.0 until Chrome stopped supporting NPAPI.

Now I decided to revisit browser plugin development but I wonder what has happenend in the meantime.

Is it correct that Firebreath 1.0 does only support NPAPI, which might be completely gone in the future ?

If so - is Firebreath 2.0 ready for alternative underlying plugin technologies and how is your practical experience with it ?

Thanks in advance for clarifying such initial apects because I'd really like to move on with FB,

best

Alex

Richard Bateman

May 9, 2017, 1:46:06 AM5/9/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
FireBreath 2.0 is being used in production by a few companies, but
there are still some bugs that need to be worked out. Largely there
has been a lack of general involvement by the community and I just
don't have time anymore to run it all myself, so while it's usable
it's not well documented.

Richard
> --
>
> ---

jazzalex

May 9, 2017, 4:59:08 PM5/9/17
to firebreath-dev
Allright, thanks - I might try it sooner or later.

Best

Alex