Firebreath 2.0 Events not getting fired on IE 11

Debjit Das

Jan 3, 2017, 3:35:07 AM1/3/17
to firebreath-dev
Hi

I have created a plugin using Firebreath 2.0. The events I registered in JavaScript is not getting fired on IE 11.

I have used the code document.getElementById('plugin0').attachEvent("ontest", function() { alert("Event fired"); }). The event handler is never called when I fire event from the plugin.

However similar code works for Firefox which is like document.getElementById('plugin0').addEventListner("test", function() { alert("Event fired"); }, false);

What could be the cause of this and how can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
Debjit

Richard Bateman

Jan 3, 2017, 8:47:36 PM1/3/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
That is unfortunately very hard to say. I haven't seen the issue
myself, so I can't speculate. It's possible something in IE11 has
broken events?

Richard
> --
>
> ---

Debjit Das

Jan 4, 2017, 7:51:06 AM1/4/17
to firebreath-dev
If you have a sample html file with event subscription which works for IE 11 and FB 2.0, the kindly share with me.

Thanks
Debjit

Richard Bateman

Jan 11, 2017, 1:21:06 PM1/11/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
I'm afraid I don't have any demo files that have been updated for
fb2.0. I haven't had time to make them and lately nobody seems
interested in contributing to community parts of the project.

Richard

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Jan 11, 2017, 10:52:11 PM1/11/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
You can find the updated code, and example for 2.0, as Pull Requests #180 waiting for richard to merge it

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

Richard Bateman

Jan 12, 2017, 12:48:58 AM1/12/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
Huh... well, that's embarassing. Somehow I completely missed that PR.
I'll have to go over the other PRs that are there and see what else
I've missed.

If there are people who would like to help manage PRs and similar
please contact me off list -- I'm happy to give others commit rights
to the repo, I just want to make sure we have an agreement on
requirements for code commits and such.

The PR has been merged.

Richard
> Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
> President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore
> sg.linkedin.com/agouaillard

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Jan 12, 2017, 12:57:49 AM1/12/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
No problem, this PR did not wait there for long.

just a heads up,

we're preparing fixes and PR for MSVC 2015 for 2.0 (now that there is an example plugin to test against). If anybody has a working version, please let me know, so we don't duplicate the effort.

An update of Boost might be needed. Right now we are testing with system boost. Richard, could you help there, or document the process to update firebreath-boost so other people can go ahead and provide PR on the corresponding repo?

Thanks again.

Alex.
PS when we will have stabilized 2.0, we will be happy to volunteer some time to the maintenance and the wiki.

>> --
>>
>> ---
>

> --
> Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
> President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

---

Richard Bateman

Jan 12, 2017, 1:36:32 AM1/12/17
to FireBreath Dev Group
I can probably help with updating boost; let me know what version you
think we should move to.

Richard

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Alexandre GOUAILLARD
>> > Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

>> > an
>> > email to firebreath-de...@googlegroups.com.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---
>

> --
> Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
> President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Jan 12, 2017, 1:40:59 AM1/12/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
we re testing, but it looks like 1.60 does it:
(note the modifications in FB proper are already here in FB 2.0 to support MSVC 2015)

latest boost stable is 1.63.