error C2027: use of undefined type 'FB::Promise<FB::variant>'

adrian...@unifiedpost.com

Apr 3, 2017, 10:34:33 AM4/3/17
to firebreath-dev
Hello,

I've encountered an issue while compiling on windows using Visual Studio 2017

>...\firebreath\src\scriptingcore\JSAPI.h(340): error C2027: use of undefined type 'FB::Promise<FB::variant>'
>...\firebreath\src\ScriptingCore\APITypes.h(52): note: see declaration of 'FB::Promise<FB::variant>'

I guees it's because variant.h is included at the end of APITypes.h
There is a TODO in APITypes.h

// This needs to be included after all our classes are defined because it relies on types defined in this file
// TODO: can this be done better?
#include "variant.h"

Did someone found another way ?
Or maybe you have an idea / suggestion on how to solve the error.

Additional info:
I had no problem while using Visual Studio 2013
The error only appears while using Visual Studio 2017 , ( like the compiles is more restrictive ... but the error appears also on older versions of VS )
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6c2dk0ah.aspx

Thank you for your help
Adrian