Firebreath2.0 helper.create(mimetype).then()asynchronous function call is giving the error callback function with the error "Host Disconnected" on french language OS windows 10 system.

yugandha...@motorolasolutions.com

Dec 28, 2018, 7:41:03 AM12/28/18
to firebreath-dev
Hi Firebreath Team,

 we are using firebreath 2.0. while trying to create a plugin object we are getting the error "Host Disconnected"
 on calling asynchronous function helper.create(mimetype).then() , getting the error function callback with error "Host Disconnected"
 please find the below code snippet.:
 //Using the wyrmholeFactory we create a wyrmhole.
            helper.create(mimetype).then(
                    function (wyrmhole) {
                        //With the created wyrmhole we instantiate a new FireWyrmJS object that will allow us to create the plugin.
                        var FWJS = window.FireWyrmJS;
                        //Creating pluginFactory that will allow the Plugin creation.
                        window.pluginFactory = new FWJS(wyrmhole);
pluginFactory.create(mimetype, {/*some params*/}).then(
                        function (pluginObj) {
kodiakplugin = pluginObj;
                            console.log('Chrome/FireFox Plugin Object Created');
OnLoadSuccessCB();
                        },
                        function (error) {
                            console.log('An Unexpected Error has occurred: ', error);
OnLoadErrorCB(SETUPSTATUS.PLUGIN_NOT_INSTALLED);
                        });
                    }, function (error) {
                        console.log('An Unexpected Error has occurred: ', error);
OnLoadErrorCB(SETUPSTATUS.PLUGIN_NOT_INSTALLED);
                    });
===================================================================================================
   we are using the french OS, OS version is windows 10.
   "Host Disconnect " error we are observing in french OS systems, in English OS we are not observing any error, plugin object is creating successfully.

 Thanks for your support in Advance.

  Regards,
  yugandhar saadili.

Host_Disconnected_error.png

Richard Bateman

Dec 28, 2018, 12:33:10 PM12/28/18
to FireBreath Dev Group
Unfortunately I have no idea on this; your best bet is probably to run Chrome from a console so you can see the debug output and see what (if anything) it says when the host closes.

Richard

--

---

Nikita Bige

Dec 28, 2018, 2:43:53 PM12/28/18
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
Check if there are some unicode symbols in path for nativemessagehost or it try to use something from library by unicode/utf8 paths
Looks like nativemessagehost died after start.
Try to attach to nativemessagehost and debug

пт, 28 дек. 2018 г. в 15:41, <yugandha...@motorolasolutions.com>:
--

---

Wbr
Nikita

ಮೋಹನ್ ಗೌಡ

Jan 14, 2019, 12:00:59 AM1/14/19
to firebreath-dev
Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, its confirmed that the issue is due to some French character found in the user name( “âêîôû”), as we are not able to run the debugger in the customer PC. we just changed the name to English name and it started working.
(Note:-We are installing the plugin under C:\Users\âêîôû\AppData\Local\TestPlugin )

How do we support fire breath plugin for multiple language.
Can we get  fix for this issue ?

Thanks,
Mohan KH

Richard Bateman

Jan 14, 2019, 1:55:28 PM1/14/19
to FireBreath Dev Group
Hi Mohan,

This is not something that I have the resources to fix; that said, please feel free to reproduce the issue on a dev machine, fix the issue, and submit a pull request with the fix =] The native message host code is relatively straightforward so stepping through it shouldn't be too difficult.

Richard

ಮೋಹನ್ ಗೌಡ

Jan 23, 2019, 1:01:39 AM1/23/19
to firebreath-dev
Currently we are able to come out of this situation by changing the com.kodiakptt.firewyrmhost_chrome.json manifest file, we added relative "path":  ".\\FireWyrmNativeMessageHost.exe" instead of absolute path. This is working for French characters and some special characters like @ - . etc..

But still if the user name is having '&' symbol ("Mohan&Plugin") then chrome is not starting the FireWyrmNativeMessageHost.exe

No Idea how to come out of this issue.

Thanks.

Richard Bateman

Jan 23, 2019, 1:12:41 AM1/23/19
to FireBreath Dev Group
Interesting; have you experimented with different file encodings for the manifest file?

Richard

Richard Bateman

Jan 23, 2019, 1:13:20 AM1/23/19
to FireBreath Dev Group
Worth noting that this would be a reasonable ticket to open with the Chrome folks; since you've established that it has to do with Chrome loading or not loading the file, this is really as much or more a Chrome bug than a Firebreath bug

Richard

ಮೋಹನ್ ಗೌಡ

Jan 23, 2019, 1:36:17 AM1/23/19
to firebreath-dev
No, I have not tested with different file encoding for the manifest file