Firebreath Extension scriptPort.postMessage(msg) consumes massive amount of memory in-case of large video buffers.

veerendra k

Oct 5, 2018, 8:16:43 AM10/5/18
to firebreath-dev
Hi,

We are playing a video in UI layer using YUV raw data, the data(per second 15 frames of base64 encoded string format) which comes from plugin layer via Firebreath extension using callback method.

Looks like before passing it to UI layer the data is getting stored in browser memory and after it reaches 100% usage of CPU Memory browser is crashing.

We are suspecting that below mentioned code might holding the buffers and creating memory issues  from the background.js file.

Reference:

 hostPort.onMessage.addListener(function(msg) {
        // Message from the native message host,
        // post it to the content script (to the page)
        scriptPort.postMessage(msg);
    });

Please Guide us if you find solution.

Thanks & Regards,